Folding mirrors on the remote?

mikemk4gti

Nov 12, 2010
North Wales
I googled it and found the the vid on YouTube, I think there's a thread about it on another forum, I'll have a search and see what I can find

Muzza1742

Daily Driver
Dec 8, 2011
Stoke
i dont think you do. afaik it works in the same way as the mirrors work now (from one switch)
I could well be wrong tho.
anyone got a price for the 361 relay yet?

karaman

Jul 19, 2009
i bought it used on ebay uk,price 25gbp postage included to italy.
if i could get success,i'll let you know.

Phillc

Love is....Yellow
Apr 23, 2007
Pershore, worcestershire
Well i have the relay now, and have done a bit of research i found the instructions from the guy who posted the you tube footage but its in German i have translated it but its still a bit unclear but i have a wiring diagram, again in German i have looked up a few of the descriptions but again its unclear what the things are, can anyone make any better sence of it than i have.

6969749091_9088a5d349_b.jpg

The SOCKEL is the plastic part the relay plugs into, STECKER are the mirrors the "Kupplungsstation A-Saule Link" comes out as a Colume of left coupling station?? wtf is that, and "schließeinheit" is closing unit, again non the wiser with it in English. Although "türsteuergerät fahrerseite" is the Driver's side door control unit.

Last edited:

Muttley

Catch that diesel!
Mar 17, 2006
North Kent
Stecker Speigel links is the left mirror plug (Plug Mirror left). Rechts is right.

Kupplungstation A-Säule is the junction box in the bottom of the A-pillar

Sockel is the relay base

I suspect schließeinheit is the door lock unit, this is in left-hand-drive Germany after all.

Sicherung 10A (neu) is a new 10A fuse that is required (now you know why VAG fuses are labelled Sxxx). The little diagram of the relay plate shows you where it should go.

Massepunkt Fahrerfußraum is an earthing point in the drivers footwell.

Last edited:

karaman

Jul 19, 2009
Well i have the relay now, and have done a bit of research i found the instructions from the guy who posted the you tube footage but its in German i have translated it but its still a bit unclear but i have a wiring diagram, again in German i have looked up a few of the descriptions but again its unclear what the things are, can anyone make any better sence of it than i have.

6969749091_9088a5d349_b.jpg

The SOCKEL is the plastic part the relay plugs into, STECKER are the mirrors the "Kupplungsstation A-Saule Link" comes out as a Colume of left coupling station?? wtf is that, and "schließeinheit" is closing unit, again non the wiser with it in English. Although "türsteuergerät fahrerseite" is the Driver's side door control unit.

any success mate?
i too have got the relay but i haven't tried cuz i really don't know from where to start from?