How to wash your car

WatchHill

Twonk
Mar 10, 2004
Cumberland
www.gunculture.net
Empi5 said:
Gutted bought one of these along with some snow foam, doesnt bloody work very well, unless im doing something wrong ! only works when i use my Jet wash, with canister, that keeps falling off, !!!!

You're not alone. Detailing World is a little polarized between those who think these are great and those who think they are a waste of time.

..I'm in the latter camp BTW!

FinerDetails

Official SCN Supporter
FriarFR said:
at risk of changing the subject slightly, how should you wash your car if, like a lot of us down here, you've got a hosepipe ban to contend with.......?

I have used QEW but its only really designed for car with a very slight duct of dirt, other than that, my advice would be, in the rain, and using a wtaering can.

The rain will help wet the car and for you to avoid any swirling etc, neighbours will think you are tapped tho :rolleyes: :whistle:

slick

Bit of an animal
Mar 15, 2005
Essex
I use that exact phase about my missus.... :lol:

She cant hear me say it thou, just mumble it...:duck: :runaway:

FR-RUSH

IBIZA FR TDI BLACK MAGIC
Dec 3, 2005
Islington
Damn KENT hose pipe bans.

I have resorted to a plastic bin full of water and an extendable handle big fluffy brush like you get at the jet wash.

slick

Bit of an animal
Mar 15, 2005
Essex
FR-RUSH said:
Damn KENT hose pipe bans.

I have resorted to a plastic bin full of water and an extendable handle big fluffy brush like you get at the jet wash.

What u do is drive to a friendly mates house and wash your car at his... thats what i did last weekend.... lol

Forbez

Huge Member!
Feb 11, 2004
S.Wales
Visit site
FriarFR said:
at risk of changing the subject slightly, how should you wash your car if, like a lot of us down here, you've got a hosepipe ban to contend with.......?

Got this from DW:
1)fill a bucket and let your pressure washer pick it up works fine especialy if you ahve buckt up high but does seem to strain the washer

Or wash your car in the dark!

stevie.w

182bhp 297lb/ft
May 26, 2006
COOKSTOWN N.IRELAND
my car is the ovni yellow color and i find it very hard to keep clean, dirt seems to show up very bad on it, what wax do all you guys recommend, i seem to always get a lot of swirling, i just use autoglym, i hear meguiars is good stuff

stoneyfordNI

GGG GGG GGGIGITYYY
Jan 9, 2005
Lisburn NI
meguiars nxt gen shampoo and gold class shampoo 50/50 mix , with a lambs wool mitt ,

clay bar every month , and nattys blue paste wax , megs nxt gen quik detailer .

megs tyre shine

Megamunch

i got a bucket and some fairy liquid and a sponge :) super duper

I'm the same lol

Does it really matter if you use warm or cold water when shampooing the car??

My outdoor hose is cold only y'know!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.