Which suspension setup?

jat115

Hi,

Iam torn between the H&R cup & bilstien kit.
Done a quick search but no joy..

Does anyone have any opinions/ experience on which will give a better ride whilst still giving good handling? As I currently only have a set of koni springs on the car, and they dont seem to like bumps...^...

Cheers people

nick s

256bhp & 282lbs/ft
Dec 9, 2005
i'm fitting bilstein shocks, and eibach 35mm springs on sunday, so i'll let you know what it's like! :)

Barry.L

May 11, 2006
Reading
im running the seat sport kit on my cupra, and ive been in other cars with h&r kits and tbh theres hardly anything in it, both are excellent as far as aftermarket suspension goes. you'll notice a big difference form the konis. im pretty sure that for the ibiza the H&rs go lower (50mm compared to 30mm) so it depends on how low you want to be realy.

jat115

Yeah spring and dampers, not coilovers- wish i had the cash for them though

TBH, it seems to sit about the right height with the 30mm koni springs on at the moment

MR Ibiza Cupra

Feb 17, 2006
London
yea mine has a 30mm drop whixh i think is just right. You've got the koni springs so why not go for the dampers !! I had a set on My Punto GT and they were excellent.

nick s

256bhp & 282lbs/ft
Dec 9, 2005
i am picking my 30mm springs up on saturday along with eibach dampers. does 30mm look decent on the ibizas then?

jat115

Yeah we have KW, but they are v expensive.

I think there is only so much ride quality you can get with lowered cars- its mainly due to the real bad condition roads in the UK! And it really annoys me.[:@]

Tha Spank

Oct 26, 2005
Netherlands
Yeah we have KW, but they are v expensive.

I think there is only so much ride quality you can get with lowered cars- its mainly due to the real bad condition roads in the UK! And it really annoys me.[:@]

But with KW you don’t give up you’re ride
quality . It really feels like org. Even on a
bumpy road but on a dirt road you have
to slow down. Don’t want to tease you but
a guy is selling his brand new KW set here
for 400 euro (270 pound) and after 3 weeks
it still isn’t sold:blink:

off topic

Everything in England is much more expensive
than here:( , every Englishman gets creasy when he
hit the shops here (don’t mean the coffeeshops:whistle: ) .

nick s

256bhp & 282lbs/ft
Dec 9, 2005
just got back from a 4 hour round trip to get my suspension :eek: got bilstein shocks and eibach springs 30mm. fitting it all on sunday

slippy

Apr 29, 2003
North east teesside
Visit site
Hi,

Iam torn between the H&R cup & bilstien kit.
Done a quick search but no joy..

Does anyone have any opinions/ experience on which will give a better ride whilst still giving good handling? As I currently only have a set of koni springs on the car, and they dont seem to like bumps...^...

Cheers people

What did you go for in the end mate ? how much and did it improve the ride quality ?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.