Tech Advise

cupra_joe

Alrite,

Just need some advise really on what mods to undertake and in which order?

Not really on a tight budget but its not endless either. prob got around £1500-£2000 to spend on mods so any ideas or cost effective ideas would be cool.

I here alot about Revo, but what do they offer and what sort of prices for different stages of tuning?
What other companies do you recommend?

Being an ex-williams owner, i dont really know where to go with the cupra side of things.

I have had several VWs but never a 20vt engine to work on.:confused:

ChrisCurzon

4WD FTW
Apr 9, 2006
Bolton
id got for a FMIC, turbo back exhuast, good induction kit, forge dv, then a remap, personal choice on these really revo apr custom code jabba theres loads to chose from,

i have a clio 16v before my ibiza loved it was great car ibiza has abit more power though :)

cupra_joe

Cheers for that chap.

Yeah, loved my williams but was to expensive on fuel tbh, just loved how powerful it was for such a light car 960kg or something. it went round corners with scary amounts of grip.

So if im buying a cupra with standard bhp and torque. how much will it cost and what mods are needed to get a healthy 220-250bhp?

Sorry if i sound like a loser........never worked with these engines before.

Cheers

Dan Cupra R

The Yellow Sub
May 2, 2006
Reading
I replaced the standard bosch dumpvalve & air filter first. Got a DV from Forge & a Dynatwist forced air induction kit but they are very pricey for what they are. I only bought the dynatwist as I had enough in vouchers for the kit & it was the only decent kit that Halfrauds sold.

Next mod for me is re-map then FMIC, Im getting a re-map done next thrusday for £250 as a group buy through SCN.

There might be one space left if your intrested? Check the SCN Group buy forum for more info;)

AndyHazza

Ex-Awesome GTi Staff
Mar 30, 2005
Bolton
www.awesome-gti.co.uk
I'd do a map first off, its the most power gain you will get for the least amount of money, then go for things like a forge DV, Milltek cat back, ind kit or panel filter, then maybe suspension, that will probably take up most of your budget.

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Suspension and brakes first if you got money to splash. Car handles crap in standard form and you'll **** yourself in 200+bhp in the wet.

MR Ibiza Cupra

Feb 17, 2006
London
I'd Say remove all basics restrictions first..i.e Free flowing exhaust, sports cat, Filter then remap. Then an ARB to reduce body roll if your car suffers from roll at the rear. How much Hp was your Clio ???

ChrisCurzon

4WD FTW
Apr 9, 2006
Bolton
willaims as standard had about 150bhp but decat and filter would fell totaly diffrent car, they are a really good handling car to.

iv noticed the ibiza is very shocking on handling and the back end is way to wobbly

cupra_joe

Had the clio up to a strong/reliable 167.8bhp at the wheels. not through nothing much really. the usual: full s/s, induction, veneer pullys/cams, remap, NGK plugs and leads...theres alot of williams out there that are down on power due to them being cherised and never used.
oil changed every 5k and used optimax always. the thing was bloody quick, but **** on fuel and not the most comfyist of rides. plus it was getting on a bit and the rattles started etc... plus the 101k on the clock. cost me £375 for the cam belt to be change as well.

T.C cupra

tom
Jul 11, 2006
hinckley, leicestershire
if you want more power go to awesome gti. i got a stage 1 re-map and it felt like a completely different car, it just seemed to keep pulling. but the next job would be the brakes and suspension. i got some ebc discs and pads all round and they are awesome, i can outbreak every1 and still stop in time. next job for me is suspension because i can't believe how bad they handle when they are standered. not sure wheather to go coilovers or lowering springs and shocks and dampers. what is the best !!!:confused:

cupra_joe

Sounds to me the first job to do is suspesion, as im used to the handling of the williams i feel that this is the area i would be most disapointed with.
one thig that i was always disapointed with on the williams was the torque, just was enough for the power it had really, and felt i need to nail it to have fun.
Think im gonna do:
1. coilovers.
2. big brakes.
3. s/s zurst.
4. induction kit.
5. revo stage 2.
6. wheel spacers to widen the track.
7. 16/17'' aftermarket wheels (lighter/wider)

and a range of other things im sure.........i hate shopping lists, they get so expensive Lol!
Please if there is anything else that you would strongly recommend (engine internals, oils, tricks of the trade) tell me.

cupra_joe

Cool,
Yeah realised about wheels and brakes. Looks like the list is getting longer and longer.........the joys of moddin cars hey.