Gave In.. N249 Bypass Done...My View

Molehill_Mike

Rollin' on 20s
Jan 3, 2005
Bedfordshire
Yesterday after having a bit of a cleaning session with FlashBSD ((AKA Banned) Pics To Follow)... I decided to tackle the N249 bypass....well.. when I say tackle I mean, allow Flash to complete the procedure on my car :D :roflmao:

Have to say, DV response is much better, and car feels better, could justy be my imagination on that tho, but for definate the DV sounds the nuts and is a much crisper noise and response....

Well worth doing if you no longer have the std BOSCH...

I have wondered abotu it for ages but finally did it yesterday, wish I had done it a while ago tbh!

Mike

Smoki333

Dec 20, 2005
Wiltshire
Any pics?

How did you go about bypassing it cause i think theres different ways off doing it and i want the easiest way.

Molehill_Mike

Rollin' on 20s
Jan 3, 2005
Bedfordshire
and there was me thinking you'd built a road! :blink:

:doh:.... get ya coat! I've called you a taxi!

LOL @ FlashBSD aka Banned

Well its true lol

Any pics?

How did you go about bypassing it cause i think theres different ways off doing it and i want the easiest way.

Not of procedure just afterwards...will host later...

I am tempted by this, has it eliminated the surging that occasionally happens?

Never had any surging matey....

Mike - why did you bypass N249? just because you wanted to or did you have problems with your car?

Been told to do it for ages, just gave in... deffo feels better tho..

Please excuse my ignorance, but what exactly does bypassing the N249 actually do?

Well the N249 holds pressure I believe,... and it was designed as a safety back up for the standard Bosch plastic valve, which if you have upgraded you no longer need.... like I said this is all I believe it to be... but I am no expert...

The guys at Vagtech keep telling me to do it, as do the people I meet up with off here... so I gave in, and glad I did!

Mike

seli_babe

Don't Mess....
Nov 22, 2005
Bedfordshire
It's deffo worth doing..

As a passenger in the car I noticed the difference..

Mike the dump sounded well nice last night :D

ooo Can't wait for tonight :D

Oct 17, 2006
Walthamstow
Mike, sorry very silly question - why 2 T - Pieces, I though it was just one that goes on the pipe from manifold - which spilts - one side goes in to the DV and one that goes in to the N112 valve via check valve.

Oct 17, 2006
Walthamstow
did you get a engine light come up - some people have had theirs come up and theres not much you can do - apart from clear it but comes back.

not tempting fate as it seems its doing the job for you....

roderrs

Nov 3, 2006
i dont understand this. sounds like its worth doing can someone please explain which pipes were talking about. sorry for being thick.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise