16795 VAG-COM Fault Code

Jul 10, 2001
Bedfordshire
Visit site
Now I know there are some VAG-COM guru's / geeks (delete as appropriate) among us and was wondering if you guys could pass on some of your wisdom in helping me overcome this code which has reared its ugly head again on my ECU

16795 P0411 Secondary Air Injection System: Incorrect Flow Detected.

After a bit of reading through SCN and on Google, it has been suggested that I check my MAF settings :confused: as well as hoses and what not.

I have VAG-COM and (borrowed) cable so if logs are needed to understand what is going on then i will "log" them tonight and post up.

Still a bit of a newbie to the software, but want to learn it

Any help is appreciated guys.

Ta

Dan Cupra R

The Yellow Sub
May 2, 2006
Reading
Might be something to do with the air filter? Do u have an aftermarket one fitted?

Is the secondry air pipe disconectted? I had something similar on mine and seat said cos Ive fitted a dynatwist it will throw up a code.

Jul 10, 2001
Bedfordshire
Visit site
Might be something to do with the air filter? Do u have an aftermarket one fitted?

Is the secondry air pipe disconectted? I had something similar on mine and seat said cos Ive fitted a dynatwist it will throw up a code.

Nope, i still have the standard one fitted.

Excuse my ignorance, but where is the secondary air pipe connected?

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
the black plastic hose that connects to the air box

its one of those codes that dont make much sense, i get it occasionally (my code says leak detected) but iv gone through the whole system and there are no leaks or owt. however ages ago i found the secondary air injection pump hanging down from its bracket (underneath the engine) i believed it had been smacked on a few speed bumps

Last edited:

Dan Cupra R

The Yellow Sub
May 2, 2006
Reading
If you were to blank the end of the secondary pipe or remove it altogether would that stop any codes from appearing?

Has anyone tried that?

When I start the car first thing I can hear the pipe sucking and making a 'vacuum' sound. This happens for about 5 mins and the car idles at about 1.1k .

After 5 mins its stops and then the car idles around 0.8 - 0.9 on the revs

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
you couldn't really block it off as that could damage the pump, a few people have successfully removed it though however it remains to be seen if it stops any codes appearing. it might even cause a fault it self

cupragaz

Aug 25, 2002
s.wales
Visit site
i've had this fault a few times before at work , i'd check ur secondary air pump (next to oil filter) itself as they do like to split around the sides and leak, they arent cheap to replace either approx £280

h17och

the hunt is over. 460bhp
Sep 1, 2005
Dunstabubble
it will be the vaccum pipe going to the secondary valve, it always throws this code!

replace the vaccum pipe...job done!!

ive removed mine and im getting deleted from my ecu so i get no codes!!

HoocH

gavthelad

Bring on the Boooooost
Nov 19, 2005
Redditch (Midlands)
it will be the vaccum pipe going to the secondary valve, it always throws this code!

HoocH

when the codes are present in your ecu from removing the secondary air system, does this effect any performance or revert back to safe settings at all as im looking to de-clutter my bay.

h17och

the hunt is over. 460bhp
Sep 1, 2005
Dunstabubble
all the pump does it blow air to the cat! its not gonna cause probs if your cat doesnt warm up as fast...just means it takes longer to become effective

HoocH

gavthelad

Bring on the Boooooost
Nov 19, 2005
Redditch (Midlands)
all the pump does it blow air to the cat! its not gonna cause probs if your cat doesnt warm up as fast...just means it takes longer to become effective

HoocH

So what happens to the fault code then? does it just sit there patiently awaiting attention? I know you said your having your secondary air deleted from your ecu but is it gonna show the annoying management light on the dash until its deleted?

Jul 10, 2001
Bedfordshire
Visit site

HoocH

Got a picture Hooch???....Bit of a novice on engines me :redface:

This is the first opportunity i've had to look at the car since i started this thread.

Jul 10, 2001
Bedfordshire
Visit site
My - rather filthy - engine bay.

:hide:

Engine_05.jpg

h17och

the hunt is over. 460bhp
Sep 1, 2005
Dunstabubble
take the cover off

then follow the big pipe from the airbox down towards the turbo.

as it starts to bend down look to the left of it, there will be either rusty or shiney disc! (some rust some dont) that is the top of the valve

look over the valve...there will be a vaccum hose to it...replace it

HoocH

Jul 10, 2001
Bedfordshire
Visit site
Ok i've followed said pipe down and can't see anythingm my torch isn't the greatest i'll admit so i'll have a look tomorrow in the daylight.

Failing that i'll nab one of the guys from the Bedford meet on Wednesday and get them to have a look.

Engine_06b.jpg

Last edited: