Radio in safe mode

ibiza fr

Sep 14, 2005
Hi I have been having problems with the sterio in my ibiza fr. I seem's to be stuck in [safe] mode. I have followed the radio manuals instructions, but it's no use I can't get it out of safe mode to put the radio code in. I have tryed disconecting the battery, and leaving the radio and the ignition switched on for a couple of hours. But nothing seem's to work. I have also tryed the local stealers but they are about as much use as a chocolate fire guard. Has anybody any ideas ?. :confused: :confused:

ibiza fr

Sep 14, 2005
It's been off for 48 hrs and still no code entry. I think it must have a fault, I had better book it in to the dealers .

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
has it got fourlines on the screen waiting for code to be entered of does it just say safe mode?

it took me ages to work out i had to press the scan key instead of the poxy prog button as the manual is wrong wrong wrong! month+ of no radio!

ibiza fr

Sep 14, 2005
It just say's safe mode all the time. This is why I can't put the code in at all. what ever I press it stays in safe mode.

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
I dont think this will work, but have you tried disconnecting the battery (- teminal) for 5 mins or so and re-connecting? Worth a go...

:doh: ^^^^ read the thread matey ;) hes tryed that :lol: try unplugging the headunit from the back or something and see if that works have you tryed a search

-=Rob=-

Beer or Car?
Dec 14, 2002
South West
Visit site
:doh: ^^^^ read the thread matey ;) hes tryed that :lol: try unplugging the headunit from the back or something and see if that works have you tryed a search

Forgot he tried that first.... :doh:

Unplugging the headunit cables will have the same effect as disconnecting the battery, so he's also (in a round about way) tried that too :whistle:

RichieRich

Mk4 Golf GT TDi
Sep 17, 2005
Oxfordshire :)
www.bebo.com
i had to leave the ignition on for 30 mins for mine to go off safe mode (i didt have engine running at the time) u have to do this after u put in the code wrong 3 times i belive... worth a try if ur sick of no radio!!

ibiza fr

Sep 14, 2005
I have tried all of the above, looks like it will have to go to the stealers. As the car is only two years old the sould fix or replace it free of charge.

SarahOwen

Hello, i am also sorry for bringing this back up again. But i'm ripping my hair out now...!!!

In Jan i got a flat battery and my radio went into "safe mode" when i turn my car on it reads "safe" for a few seconds and then reads "2000"

I dont have a manual, but i have a code printout from previous owner. I have tried this and nothing happens.

I have also been following instructions i read on here...... Still nothing happens.

I took my car to the Seat dealers in Leicester TWICE and they said i have to leave my car ON for the screen to go from 2000 to 3000 to add the code, and it could take anything from 10min to 10hours, tried this three times and i get another flat battery after about 4hours.

So i borrowed a mains 12v plug in thing that u attach to to your battery to keep it charged up, with the key turned twice i got another flat battery twice.

At this moment in time it is plugged into the mains and reads 4v and the key is turned once, radio is lit and nothing else. it has now been like that for 6hours and still nothing has happened.

I can change the numbers on the face using the skip tract buttons and still nothing happens.

It has been just over 4months now and i still cant get it working.........!!!!!!!

PLEASE HELP ME SOMEONE.

xxxxxxx

krussel

Oct 31, 2008
Hertforshire
i wouldt say that most other head units are better than ones that come with the car... unless u get ebay brands lol

I dunno really. I know the Alana unit is not a looker but they sound pretty fair for a standard stereo. Much better than the ford units in the vans at work.

I wouldn't mind a second one for my old MR2. :D