Window mechanism fitting

I finally fixed my window :funk:

It's taken me all frickin day! The weather has done its best to prevent me by, hailing, snowing, raining. So with havin a garage I can fit my car in and not get out of I kept having to put it in to stop a flood occuring in my car. And then dukes of hazard style jumping out the window.

Things might have gone smoothly if seat had designed it so that you could get to the window clamps easier. Or it might of been my lack of tools to get to those bolts. Then on one of the clamps the nut decided to round off :cry: Off to b&q I went to buy a dremel after I had :censored: at it lots of times. But that was no easy task, put the door card back on half assed and didnt screw the door pin in. Drove off car locked, pin dissapeared :( then the door wouldn't unlock so it was dukes of hazard out the door at b&q. When I got home I mutilated the top of the door card where the pin comes through to sort that. Day was not goin well.

Discovering that I am a complete ditz it took me half an hour to work out what I was doin with the dremel :headhurt: Couple of broken discs later with no safety equipment. Got really dangerous when a disc broke and hit me in the head. :doh: So I soldiered on and finally removed it. Finally wangled the winder mech in bolted it all up and hey presto. Well no my door speaker doesn't work so I must of done something wrong there. Might be a loose speaker wire but I am in no mood to sort that out, will end up snapping the door in two!

My lesson learned - probably worth paying someone else to do it. I am useless :D

Thought I would share it with you all :rolleyes:

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
can i rub a wee bit of salt into the wound?

it took me half an hour tops when i did mine :p

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
as jason said - you must be useless - it's a 30 min job the first time (including finding the haynes)

More practice required!

Brummy

Nazi Moderator-Bot
Mar 6, 2005
Moved to the DarkSide
Chrissy boy, ill 'let you have ' the fact that your cars are always spot on, but your skills as a spanner -munkie are without shadow of a doubt after your thread here piss poor to say the least ;)

**god help you if your gonna take a Dash out to flock it **:doh:

Think the problem why it went is because it's rusted up. So water is gettin into it somehow. Think its the seal on the bottom side of my window so off to the scrappies 2moro to get another one.

Brummy yee of little faith :p Will pay someone to do it quicker ha ha