Rim Sizes - Euro Style

Fenix

Apr 17, 2005
Essex
I read some of you use 7.5J on the front and 9J on the back - would 9J all round be ok? What sort of problems would there be if I ran 9J all over? Some problems with front alignment - is this easy for a self fix? Any info appreciated! :)

edit:They're on Toyo Proxes T1-S tyres with a profile of 225/40 ZR16 and ET15

Last edited:

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
7.5*17 and lowered and i had rear arch lip problems

how low you going ?

Fenix

Apr 17, 2005
Essex
It's James' (James_mk) old car - 16" rims so as low as I can go to make it look good - but need to get up my drive so as long as it sits higher than the curb! Also where do people get rims from, as places I have seen you have to buy 4 of the same size?

sionowz

Jan 28, 2007
cardiff
awsome.. hey chuck some pics up if you can... how low are you going/gone with them. I've been thinking about some 16" 7.5 & 9j lowered 60mm..but duno if it will work:think:

Fenix

Apr 17, 2005
Essex
Check my project gti topic for all the photos of the car!
I know a friend went 60mm all round on his Corsa and had slight rub with a full car so I'll try similar when everything arrives; just need to decide on coilovers!

e5sta

Sep 19, 2006
awsome.. hey chuck some pics up if you can... how low are you going/gone with them. I've been thinking about some 16" 7.5 & 9j lowered 60mm..but duno if it will work:think:

check through some of my threads for pics of 7.5j & 9J wheels as thats what i have on mine - i wil post a few up tho and i have no idea how low exactly but i would hazard a guess that its at least 60mm all round and a bit more ;)

RDSC00070_000.jpg

Wickedsunday023.jpg

hope this helps

jaketalbot

cupra Jake
Dec 11, 2006
Colchester
would we need spacers for the borbet a's? don't no how they dont catch on brake calipers??? or do the whole wheels sit out a bit more?

Fenix

Apr 17, 2005
Essex
Czechboy - Bingo, you got me :)

Jake - I don't think we do unless we ran 7.5J on front and rear?

e5sta - Are you scraping on the ground or is that just a shadow as the clearance looks ok on the side but the front looks very very low. The tyres are - 195/45 on the front and 215/40 on the rear on 'performance tyres' for £150. Is it worth paying the extra £50 to get Toyo Cooper Avon tyres?

It's £611 for the rims, £150 for tyres (£200 for Toyo's), chrome valve caps for £10 and polished aluminium centre caps for £25 (as long as they're flat caps).

e5sta

Sep 19, 2006
i only scrape the ground when it has an incline - i got one-sided over speedbumps and i have no hope trying to get into my local multistorey or the car park at my mates flats
and i cant get anyone in the back as it then sits on the tyres and i have rubbage on every corner - but it looks good tho :p

and i have 5mm spacers on the front to clear the brakes as she has the slighter bigger brakes being the 16v

Fenix

Apr 17, 2005
Essex
e5sta - I guess I'll have to wind her down and see what I can do then. I need to get up an incline to the local train station - however I guess I can tell the Boss to get out and walk up it haha. How easy is it to do a roadside wind-up incase I end up somewhere and face an incline and can't go anywhere but up?

Czechboy - That and because I'm stealing the idea from James ;)

e5sta

Sep 19, 2006
e5sta - I guess I'll have to wind her down and see what I can do then. I need to get up an incline to the local train station - however I guess I can tell the Boss to get out and walk up it haha. How easy is it to do a roadside wind-up incase I end up somewhere and face an incline and can't go anywhere but up?

lol you dont - you turn round and go the other way lol or reverse and annoy everyone behind you :lol:

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.