Down Pipe Question

Yellowspeed

Hi guys, I have been told by the mech I use that I need a new downpipe, does anyone know how much this should cost and any other issues that may arise?

Cheers

Ad

NeilC

Has left the fold...
Mar 23, 2004
somewhere else
i have a spare one :whistle:

So have I :p

Expect maybe 2-3 hours labour tho as some of the bolts on the manifold are a pain to get to as you need mr tickle arms combined with stubby spanners, and a lot of time tying to wiggle the blasted thing out (i lowered the front subframe to make more room, but i seemed to do that for everything :shrug: ). I'd ask if he's done an R before and if he gives a low price based on a T ask him to guarantee it :cartman:

Yellowspeed

So have I :p

Expect maybe 2-3 hours labour tho as some of the bolts on the manifold are a pain to get to as you need mr tickle arms combined with stubby spanners, and a lot of time tying to wiggle the blasted thing out (i lowered the front subframe to make more room, but i seemed to do that for everything :shrug: ). I'd ask if he's done an R before and if he gives a low price based on a T ask him to guarantee it :cartman:
Cheers mate I am sure they have done em before they are ex AMD mechs so sure they know what they are doing:confused: I'll let you know! WHat did you pay for the spare then?

Ad

NeilC

Has left the fold...
Mar 23, 2004
somewhere else
Cheers mate I am sure they have done ** before they are ex AMD mechs so sure they know what they are doing:confused: I'll let you know! WHat did you pay for the spare then?

Ad

Nothing, it came with the car and was replaced with aftermarket before the first service and has been in the garage since. I'm sure a few peeps have one lying around in there garage if you want a second hand one you might find one locally fairly easy.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members