Hybrid K04 Turbo Discussion

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
lol so its block 5 then?!

its just finding the time to do it thats the prob! will prob take me a few weeks to do it and il prob end up doing it with someone else in the car! :rolleyes:

NeilC

Has left the fold...
Mar 23, 2004
somewhere else
:lol:

I set the log off before I pull away. I leave the mouse hovering over the 'Marker' button and click just before each power run. The markers make each run very easy to find amongst all the other superfluous figures.

Once you've started the log i think you can press space or return to add a marker which is easier to find when driving as you can normally get away with mashing at the keyboard a bit more (well it was easier on my laptop anyway!). Maybe Uwe could add a mashed/anykey marker toggle box to the next release?

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
60 - 100mph

did a couple of runs last night...

average was 6.5 seconds 60 - 100mph using vag com

this was with a passenger in the car too! (and half a tank lol) :( :doh: ...so could do slightly, yes slightly lol

good to get a comparison tho! :)

Triple D

:lol: j@mes, supriesed you didnt strip the interior and put 2 bottles of octane booster in

Mitchy

TTRS
Oct 12, 2004
You just need to be lucky to get the markers set at 97km/h and 162km/h for a true 40mph difference. Sie's 5.5 is a bit optimistic i think as when worked out only works out at a 38.5mph difference.(99km/h = 61.5mph, 161 km/h =100.04mph = 38.54mph difference)

Closest you can get on vagcom is 97km/h vs 162km/h for a 40mph difference (60.27mph +100.66mph) You just need to be lucky for vagcom to record on these specific speeds. 96km/h vs 161km/h works out equally as well (59.65- 100.04)

Chipped LCR's are quick but not supercar quick. 5sec 60-100 territory is supercar territory.

M3 CSL around 6.5secs
Evo FQ400 around 6secs.

Some going really if standard turbo LCR's are achieving sub 6.5sec 60-100 runs imo. Strip the weight out James and try again;) See what the difference is:)

Surprisingly though, they dont manage to do it on a 1/4 mile strip. What was your terminal speed James on your 1/4 run? Did you manage to break 100mph barrier?

Last edited:

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
my 13.8 was at 100.4 mph

however as bad as this excuse sounds, it was BLOOOOOODY windy that day, so windy that when quing up to go back on the strip, with the hand brake off the wind was blowing the car along from a stand still to about 2 mph!!!!!! :-o

so running up the strip we were going against the wind which effected the terminals (other ppl were saying they normally get better terminals too!)

the time before i went to pod I was getting 14.1s @ 101/102 mph

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
I said before I thought mine did it in about 6.5secs (8.5secs with Revo turned off), I realise now why you said you didn't believe it.

60-100 is where a chipped LCR thrives - and don't forget that the Imolavirus is boosting like a MOFO at 3,500-4,500, right where you want it to make torque if you were timing 60-100mph.

I'm sure he showed me those logs, so they must be right (1.5 MPH isn't going to make that much difference) unless he got some wheelspin...

I heard JBS have sorted out his turbo outlet hose issues and he found the actuator nuts loose, so I'm sure he'll be nagging to do some more logging...

YerMother

comes and goes
Sep 22, 2004
East Midlands Drives: Scirocco GT
I did say it was slightly downhill.

Phil when JBS fitted the mani they reset the actuator pre load to a standard k04 thats why it was only holding 1.1 bar. Then completely came loose at awesome on the rollers on saturday so was barely making that! It still got 275 wheel power. Shape of the graph is much better though it holds the 275 from 5k to the limiter. Where as before it only peaked at 273 then started to slowly drop off!

Would love to see what its doing now with the wastegate not blowing open and holding more boost :D

I'll do a few 60-100 times next time to satisfy the cynics ;)

YerMother

comes and goes
Sep 22, 2004
Chipped LCR's are quick but not supercar quick. 5sec 60-100 territory is supercar territory.

M3 CSL around 6.5secs
Evo FQ400 around 6secs.

These are hardly supercars though.

Just for some perspective:

Bugatti Veyron does it in around 2 secs (probably less)!
Porsche Carrera GT around 3.3!
Ferrari Enzo around 3.4 secs!
Mercedes SLR McLaren around 3.6 secs!

I recon sub 6 secs is easily possible in mine now even on a flat! The logs will tell though!

Ruddmeister

Everything in Moderation
Jun 23, 2003
Weston-super-Mare
en.wikipedia.org
These are hardly supercars though.

Just for some perspective:

Bugatti Veyron does it in around 2 secs (probably less)!
Porsche Carrera GT around 3.3!
Ferrari Enzo around 3.4 secs!
Mercedes SLR McLaren around 3.6 secs!

I recon sub 6 secs is easily possible in mine now even on a flat! The logs will tell though!

We also need Video showing GPS based speed information just to be sure :yes:

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
I did say it was slightly downhill.

Phil when JBS fitted the mani they reset the actuator pre load to a standard k04 thats why it was only holding 1.1 bar. Then completely came loose at awesome on the rollers on saturday so was barely making that! It still got 275 wheel power. Shape of the graph is much better though it holds the 275 from 5k to the limiter. Where as before it only peaked at 273 then started to slowly drop off!

Would love to see what its doing now with the wastegate not blowing open and holding more boost :D

I'll do a few 60-100 times next time to satisfy the cynics ;)

Getting my facts wrong again.

How slight was this downhill then ;)

endchasenorm.jpg

Do you think 275whp was okay, or do you think it'll do more 'cos is wasn't boosting?
If it was holding 275whp, that backs up the curve shape & whp Figures on the Graph JBS posted. JBS posted 30bhp losses. What was the Awesome clutch figure?

Mitchy

TTRS
Oct 12, 2004
Strange why JBS would have slackened off your actuator? On fitment and mapping of mine, they point blank refused to touch it:shrug: Strange why they would have fiddled with yours for the sake of a rolling road run:shrug: I was told something different;) :rolleyes:
Im surprised you managed to make 275whp @ awesome with no pre load at all on actuator:blink:
Your examples of supercars are extreme £250k+ supercars. £120k riff raff like 911 turbos and gallardos just about manage 5sec 60-100 runs. No way will a K04 LCR manage to keep hold of them.

Are you going back to JBS for another run with actuator properly set? If it was only making 1.1 bar with uprated manifold on standard pre load settings, is it safe to assume 1.35bar with good preload? (Considering you were managing 1.25bar before pre manifold) 1.1 bar making 302bhp, 1.35bar making??

Manifold does look like its doing a good job, holding onto power well but again call me a cynic, 30bhp and +40bhp in some areas:think: I'll not say what im thinking but i think your 273bhp standard run was reading very low:blink: ;) Stage 1 mapped K04's manage that at JBS, never mind with your spec.

Anyway get it down to santapod, you seem to be a stranger for someone with a quick LCR;)

Last edited:

YerMother

comes and goes
Sep 22, 2004
Strange why JBS would have slackened off your actuator? On fitment and mapping of mine, they point blank refused to touch it:shrug: Strange why they would have fiddled with yours for the sake of a rolling road run:shrug: I was told something different;) :rolleyes:
Im surprised you managed to make 275whp @ awesome with no pre load at all on actuator:blink:
Your examples of supercars are extreme £250k+ supercars. £120k riff raff like 911 turbos and gallardos just about manage 5sec 60-100 runs. No way will a K04 LCR manage to keep hold of them.

Are you going back to JBS for another run with actuator properly set? If it was only making 1.1 bar with uprated manifold on standard pre load settings, is it safe to assume 1.35bar with good preload? (Considering you were managing 1.25bar before pre manifold) 1.1 bar making 302bhp, 1.35bar making??

Manifold does look like its doing a good job, holding onto power well but again call me a cynic, 30bhp and +40bhp in some areas:think: I'll not say what im thinking but i think your 273bhp standard run was reading very low:blink: ;) Stage 1 mapped K04's manage that at JBS, never mind with your spec.

Anyway get it down to santapod, you seem to be a stranger for someone with a quick LCR;)

To get the manifold to fit then had to rotate the compressor housing slightly, so would have probably altered the setting!

It was running around 1.15 - 1.2 when i picked it up from JBS! I tightened up the actuator a little too much when i tightened it back up, I saw nearly 1.5 BAR @ 6k but was completely undrivable as the wastegate was welded shut! So maybe this turbo is capable of holding what jacob said!? :shrug:

Last edited:

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
Well mines been in the shop for two weeks and.................................still over boosting, hitting 30spi on the odd time but 26psi most of the time then trailing off to 21psi till redline

YerMother

comes and goes
Sep 22, 2004
Do you think 275whp was okay, or do you think it'll do more 'cos is wasn't boosting?
If it was holding 275whp, that backs up the curve shape & whp Figures on the Graph JBS posted. JBS posted 30bhp losses. What was the Awesome clutch figure?

I was disapointed TBH until i realised i had a problem. When i saw it barely holding 1 bar in second gear i was concerned. But now knowing the problem i am quite pleased with that! It's making more power on less boost which is good!

Clutch power was still around 288.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members