Introducing myself - pics, from gti6 to ibiza cupra

Cupra Ben

Jan 26, 2007
Introducing myself - pics, from gti6 to ibiza cupra

Alright mate. I also went from a GTi 6 to an Ibiza Cupra. We had a little discussion about wheels on the GTi6 site some time ago as mine had the same wheels on! I hated the Pug to be honest, always had turbo'd cars so it always felt like it was lacking straight line power to me, great in the corners though. Love everything about the Ibiza, much better build quality IMO. Mine is also red! Yours looks nice, got some good mods. Enjoy mate!

dave_6

Apr 26, 2005
Essex
I kept the 306 for 2 years, at first I was unsure, I went from a small nippy 1.8 mk1 clio and the 306 felt a bit slow off the mark at times

I got used to it though and ended up loving it, was just a case of getting the most out of it

the ibiza is totally different, never had a turbo before so I have alot to learn

keeps raining at the moment so havent had much time to give it a good drive

the thing that lets it down at the moment is the styling I think

I prefered the diablo red of the 306, however flash red is growing on me

going to lower 35mm when I've researched, I already have 4 lowering springs, but only 2 shocks for some reason, so need two more shocks

then I'm not sure on the alloys, against the flash red, i just dont know if they dull the car a bit, not the brightest of silvers so I was tempted to change alloys of powder coat white, really unsure though

dave_6

Apr 26, 2005
Essex
okay then................................

sooo at a wild guess

turboboy fitted the intercooler to my car?

Dec 31, 2005
London
I thought martin fitted it himself, but saying that when i saw it, it wasnt in the centre so im guesing turboboy centralised it for him

Cupra Ben

Jan 26, 2007
then I'm not sure on the alloys, against the flash red, i just dont know if they dull the car a bit, not the brightest of silvers so I was tempted to change alloys of powder coat white, really unsure though

I know what you mean about the wheels, kind of a dull finish. I bought some 17s for mine a couple of months ago but tried em on and wasnt keen on them. Ive got pics of them on a previous car thats lowered and they look ok but mines standard height and im not fussed about lowering it.

dave_6

Apr 26, 2005
Essex
few new ones taken today

click the bar to open the pictures up to size as they look crap otherwise

still haven't got round to giving it a machine polish yet, has quite a few swirl marks

Dave1.jpg

Dave2.jpg

Dave3.jpg

dave_6

Apr 26, 2005
Essex
Owned the car for 3 years now and in the process of getting a deposit down for a mortgage, + I don't do half the miles I used to do and it doesnt really get used properly anymore, dont get to use the power anyway

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.