Aux In Alana Headunit

RichIbizaSport

Says Bye! x
Apr 29, 2007
Hull
www.facebook.com
Ive already searched by the way, but theres never been a definative answer

Im currently building a carputer for my 02 1.9 TDi, and im obviously going to need to get the sound from my carputer to the aux in of the headunit

I really dont want to buy a new headunit.

I know about buying a connects2 unit thing to fool the headunit into thinking there is a cd changed connected. Does anyone have a direct line to the correct unit?

Any other options?

Has anyone tried connecting these two pins (C3-19, C3-20) directly to the source?

Iso3.jpg

Iso1.jpg

Thanks guys

Tom B

Apr 2, 2002
Northampton
The connects2 box just acts as an aux input, so it will have have wires from 19 and 20 going to their box, which allows you to plug a phono-3.5mm cable.

I used to have this system in my Focus, it worked very well but I craved HU controls.

I've got a Dension Icelink Plus in my Ibiza and it controls through the head unit. However, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone as it makes my iPod crash all the time.

spyke85

I Like Cheese!
Oct 26, 2003
Bolton
Visit site
The connects2 box just acts as an aux input, so it will have have wires from 19 and 20 going to their box, which allows you to plug a phono-3.5mm cable.

I used to have this system in my Focus, it worked very well but I craved HU controls.

I've got a Dension Icelink Plus in my Ibiza and it controls through the head unit. However, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone as it makes my iPod crash all the time.

My iPod crashes too, any reason why?

RichIbizaSport

Says Bye! x
Apr 29, 2007
Hull
www.facebook.com
Have you got the AUX Socket next to the handbrake?

i wish! Out of interest, do the ibiza's with the aux socket have cd changers?

Surely it cant be as simple as connecting the two pins to some phono cables, costing a max of £5.

Can anyone confirm?

What the monkies is in this box?

CTVSTX001.jpg

Nov 27, 2006
www.cardomain.com
Surely it cant be as simple as connecting the two pins to some phono cables, costing a max of £5.

Can anyone confirm?

What the monkies is in this box?

CTVSTX001.jpg
If you've ever pressed the CD button on the headunit you'll see it just flashes up CHANGER (as in, there's no flippin' changer)

All this or the Sony adapters (another Connects2 interface box) do is make the connection - with the right resistance/signal - between pins 13, 14 & 17 to open up the Aux input on pins 19 & 20

If you connect a Sony CD/MD changer, but plug your iPod/generic MP3 player into the phono plugs, the CD/MD spins and progresses through the tracks but you get the sound from your player

Nov 27, 2006
www.cardomain.com
I've opened up a Sony Changer adapter one and there were about half a dozen resistors and a 555 style chip

You're not going to be able to reverse engineer/make one :no:

RichIbizaSport

Says Bye! x
Apr 29, 2007
Hull
www.facebook.com
just so happens that i have a massive load of resistors and a 555 chip :p . Dammit, i really didnt want to have to splash out on one of these things, cheapest ive found a connects2 is £55 :( .Anyone fancy helping to find the absolute cheapest method of getting aux in on the alana?

TheCraig

Scaramanger!
Mar 13, 2007
Tyne and Wear
Hi - I bought this one on Ebay - 28 Quid plus postage. Works like dream ! But if you already have a multi changer it wont work as you need to use the same plug as the changer uses. Plug it in, earth it in and go - you just listen through it on by pressing the CD6 button.

RichIbizaSport

Says Bye! x
Apr 29, 2007
Hull
www.facebook.com
Hi - I bought this one on Ebay - 28 Quid plus postage. Works like dream ! But if you already have a multi changer it wont work as you need to use the same plug as the changer uses. Plug it in, earth it in and go - you just listen through it on by pressing the CD6 button.

Ah cool, thats certainly not as steep as £55! I dont have a cd changer. Can you confirm that you have a mk4, with the head unit like the picture above? and no cd changer. thanks!

Rich - it's a standard SEAT one - this pic might show it a little bit:

FirstDayInside.jpg

Excellent, so you have the aux in at the hand brake?

Does anyone know where the aux in cable goes? do these "mp3 editions" have something different at the back of the headunit?

thanks again everyone

TheCraig

Scaramanger!
Mar 13, 2007
Tyne and Wear
Ah cool, thats certainly not as steep as £55! I dont have a cd changer. Can you confirm that you have a mk4, with the head unit like the picture above? and no cd changer. thanks!

Yup, Mines an 03 plate MK4 with the standard Alana Head unit and no multi changer. same as the picture you have above

Excellent, so you have the aux in at the hand brake?

At the minute i just have the jack dangling out from behind the blower control unit behind the ash tray (can push it back up to hide it). Plugs straight into any standard mp3 player / ipod.

Im planning on getting the flush mounted aux input jack from SEAT eventually and wiring it up properly - but mounting it somwhere down near the ashtray or that bit of facia trim directly below the blower dials. much better than next to the hand brake!

btw, when it arrived, the invoice said that it was cheaper buying direct (rather than on ebay) so try www.hi-fi-links.co.uk or email [email protected].

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
Im planning on getting the flush mounted aux input jack

don't pay seat prices, you can get the jack from maplin or tandy with gold plated contacts for a few quid off the shelf and a nice black gromet to make it look pukka

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members