exhaust issues

Deleted member 20482

hi all..

i'm changing my standard rear bumper for a cupra bumper..much nicer...
i only have an 1.8 se at present ...boo...and my tail pipes can't be seen from the rear as they are hidden behind bumper.
when i change over the bumper i'm gonna have a hole for the exhaust, i wanted the chromed oval one to show...so need to change exhaust pipes...but do i need to change whole lot or can i just do the back box only... think the size of the pipe is the same?

rikko has one at mo and has sent me some pics but the back of my exhaust looks different....
mine looks like this one...HAVE PUT A BETTER DIAGRAM UP..

and his looks like this...

now can i basically join the cupra exhaust to my orig exhaust system?

if i can then i'll speak to rikko and sort it out.
thanks for any advise in advance

Last edited by a moderator:

The MoffMeister

Half Hoff, Half Moff.
Apr 4, 2006
colchester
not sure if i can help but i reckon the cupra r box will be slightly bigger but knowing my mate who fits exhausts you can always get a reducer or similar for it to fit if it is diff size

karlosR

TORQUEY, NOISEY V6
Mar 10, 2006
BEDFORD
you could always go to your local powerflow franchise and get a backbox made up, then you could have a fruitier exhaust note too :)

Deleted member 20482

i was wondering about the way the pipe on mine is bent in various angles(maybe to get around things under the car) and the cupra exhaust isn't...
can i get pipes to join the two together?

The MoffMeister

Half Hoff, Half Moff.
Apr 4, 2006
colchester
from looking at those pics the exhaust will fit whatever you want to put as in bend wise but you can get a joiner to fit them yes most exhaust places should have them or take it along and see if they can do it first and then get in the bits you need

Deleted member 20482

i have put up a better diagram of my exhaust so people can see it better.
hopefully this can be done, as money tight after getting bumper..

Zeus.nl

If you're tight on money, why not just saw of the curved ends (facing downward) of the original pipes and get some nice chrome tailpipe pieces to fit over?

Nobody will see cause the join will be in the hole of the bumper. [B)]

Deleted member 20482

If you're tight on money, why not just saw of the curved ends (facing downward) of the original pipes and get some nice chrome tailpipe pieces to fit over?

Nobody will see cause the join will be in the hole of the bumper. [B)]

not a bad idea.. :)will look into it tommoz, check out how much straight pipe i have before the curve starts...

read ya message so had a very quick look on the net..found some but all seem to be for a single pipe to single or twin pipes...
not seen any that are twin entry that look like the cupra oval tail pipe..

hoping it wont look chav if i go for the tails... wanna make it look as orig as poss.

no "bling bling" for me

Zeus.nl

not a bad idea.. :)will look into it tommoz, check out how much straight pipe i have before the curve starts...

read ya message so had a very quick look on the net..found some but all seem to be for a single pipe to single or twin pipes...
not seen any that are twin entry that look like the cupra oval tail pipe..

hoping it wont look chav if i go for the tails... wanna make it look as orig as poss.

no "bling bling" for me

Just take 2 separate tailpipes, put one on each.

Deleted member 20482

i'm trying to get it to look like this. .pics courtasy of speed six.
http://

if i can't get the tail pipe i'll go down the back box route.

Deleted member 20482

do you also know if i got this back box that i could connect up to existing system via pipes and clamps?
chopping where needed to connect..

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise