Tow Bar on BTCC Cars?

MK Guinness

I have an '07 plate Leon Mk2 with the BTCC bodykit and twin exit exhaust.

I am trying to find out if you can get a removable neck towbar fitted to these cars.

(Don't worry I'm not going caravaning, I've got a trackday car that I'd prefer to trailer to events than drive there and back and an option on a free trailer for 2008)!

Has anyone managed to get a tow bar fitted to the back of a body kit car?

Has to be a removable neck IMHO, as I don't want to permanently spoil the look of the car.

Cheers

Mike

MK Guinness

Well the Leon went into Patterson Seat for a 10k service on Monday (see rant in main dealer section). Whilst I was there I asked them to look into the costs / options for supplying and fitting a tow bar to the car.

Basically they said it can't be done. Or they can't be bothered.

So I went round to the local Indespension and had a word with them. Certainly Sir, Leon Sir? Not a problem, when would you like to bring it in? They ordered a Witter Detachable Bar there and then, for next day delivery. Got a phone call from them when it came in yesterday. Dropped the car off to them at 9.00am this morning, borrowed a courtesy car, got a call from them at 12.15pm, all done Sir.

Brilliant service, from people who knew what they were doing.

Overall Indespension 10/10.

Compared to Seat Main Stealer 1/10.

Bring on more trackdays in 2008.

Mike

MK Guinness

Before:-

2IMG00055.jpg

After with the ball:-

IMG00057.jpg

And with the ball removed:blink: :-

IMG00058.jpg

Mike

MK Guinness

fyi, pattersons is now part of the arnold clark empire.

and i agree, indespension are excellent.

I noticed they'd been taken over when I was there. A few give aways were the HUNDREDS of used cars all over the Ford and Seat sites with the yellow Arnold Clark stickers in the back window. And most of them other marques.

I also got a letter from the MD of Arnold Clark in the post this morning.

Hmm! Time to send him a Christmas missive.

Mike

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.