Who has ordered a Mk2 Leon Cupra then?

Have you ordered a Mk2 Leon Cupra? And did SCN influence you?

• Yes: I have ordered a Mk2 Leon Cupra!

Votes: 86 88.7%
  • SEATCupra.net helped influence my decision to order!

Votes: 42 43.3%

• Total voters

Cupra R

Dec 5, 2001
UK.
Visit site
How has the paintwork faired so far? The only thing i don't like abot my LCR is the paint quality. It chipped and scratched far too easily from new. How have people got on so far? especially with inferi black and candy white.

Mine seems to be fine.

DANNY H

Mar 27, 2006
Ipswich
Would like to ask the guys who have chopped in an LCR for one......

What in your opinions are the main differences in the 2?

Dam you all! I told myself i wouldn't get one!

Cupra R

Dec 5, 2001
UK.
Visit site
It's difficult which are the main differences to pick out mate, it really is different in everyway. It is a drastic change from the MK1 and as you will have read, not to everyones taste's.

I didn't get my Cupra directly from my LCR, when I was looking round for another car I was going to buy another LCR, but then decided to go for a new Cupra instead and haven't looked back since. My mate still has his LCR and I went out with him in it, and I couldn't help but think how much (IMO) nicer the MK2 is, don't get me wrong, the LCR is alot of car for the money and still is a very good car, but for me the MK" wins hands down.

The power delivery is so much different, no hopping, no spinning just seems to grip.

The interior and dashboard to me is now better, the seat's are very nice.

I could go on, but hopefully you have caiught my drift lol.

cowboys45

Yes definatley - I traded in a 54 plate Cupra R for the new version and have been hugely impressed since I took delivery two weeks ago.

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
Biggest difference for me is the handling. The Cupra seems on rails in comparison - I used to hesitate when cornering hard in the R, but the Cupra just pushes you round effortlessly.

My R was a bit more powerful after being remapped, but it was more "bitey" and was quite hard work to drive. The Cupra is much smoother and sounds so much sweeter. As above, seats, interior, xenons, steering wheel controls etc. etc. I could go on.

Don't get me wrong, I loved the R and still have a soft spot for it, but the Cupra is the dog's as far as I'm concerned. :)

Scott

silverfox

Feb 19, 2004
far far away
Visit site
Change of heart!!

I must admit, when I first saw the pics of the Mk2 Leon I was one of the cynics who never liked the look of it!! I can't believe how much my opinion has changed since they've been released. I desperately want a yellow one now!!!!:drool: I really don't know what I was thinking by not liking it :confused: It looks stunning!

However, I will not be able to afford one for another year or two. :cry::cry::cry:

All you guys with yellow mk2 cupras are lucky b@5+@rds!! :D

DANNY H

Mar 27, 2006
Ipswich
Dam you all!!!! Test drive booked!

Held out this long......

Well had my test drive las week. The dealer kindly let me have one for the day as a courtesey car. Had to say i loved the handling and and was very impressed at the lack of torque steer. It does look better in the flesh too.

Have i put a deposit down? yes, but not on one of these. Just didn't feel special enough for a range topper, and i hate to say i really didn't like the interior. It seems, in my opinion, that they've gone backwards with the build quality in the cabin.

It was a big improvement in driveability, but seeing as i'd spend a long time in the car, was a big let down for me.

s3quence

Aug 16, 2007
Nr Milton Keynes
Have i put a deposit down? yes, but not on one of these. Just didn't feel special enough for a range topper, and i hate to say i really didn't like the interior. It seems, in my opinion, that they've gone backwards with the build quality in the cabin.

It was a big improvement in driveability, but seeing as i'd spend a long time in the car, was a big let down for me.

What did u put the deposit on if u dont mind me asking?

AGF

Well my mk1 Leon Cupra I bought back in January 2002 , finally broke after nearly 6 years of trouble free motoring, the gearbox broke and I lost 1st and 2nd gear. Apparantly a nearly £3,000 repair. Ouch.

So on Tuesday I went down my local Seat dealer and had a test drive of the new mk2 Leon Cupra, the car had 16 miles on the clock and was in Zenith Grey, which I much prefer to Black or Yellow (as I don't like to be conspicuous on the motorways).

Loved the way the new Cupra goes round corners and the additional power over the old car's 180BHP was easily noticable.

So I came to a deal with them to PX my broken Cupra and took their mk2 home Wednesday and have been loving it ever since. I can't wait till I have run it in a bit and I can really open it up.

I think if I had not been in a rush to buy one to get myself back on the road the only difference to the standard UK spec would be the bluetooth pack to talk to my phone, my new phone does SatNav so I can't see the point of paying an extra £1,600 to get integral GPS. I guess I will have to fit a Parrot CK3100 bluetooth car kit instead.

The negative point so far are:
1) No map book pocket on the back of the passenger seat, nor did the mk1.
2) No special slot to put the user manual pack, the mk1 did
3) The gear knob is a bit crappy

danscho

ordered candy white, bluetooth, convenience pack, ipod, side skirts, centre armrest airbag deletion and cant wait. approx march next year.

dealer rang me last saying seat no longer give xenon lights as standard and wanted £595 more but basic car price gone down £200. told them no chance and thay are honouring existing deal.

Has anyone else heard of xenon no longer standard? or was it the dealer trying to get money back cos i think i got a very good discount on the car (£19750 with all above on)

kingkongsfinger

Feb 16, 2005
Bolton
Im like a dog with two d1cks!!!

Mines due 25/01/2008 and cannot wait!!

Candy white Cupra with blue, ipod, flaps and centre console.

No side skirts but now thinking i should have ordered them.:confused:

lasbazrre

Sep 15, 2007
Manchester
Im like a dog with two d1cks!!!

Mines due 25/01/2008 and cannot wait!!

Candy white Cupra with blue, ipod, flaps and centre console.

No side skirts but now thinking i should have ordered them.:confused:

Are you getting yours from David cooks?

Just give them a ring if you want the skirts , they'll get em in ready for your car , when you pick it up the'll be on it!

Skirts are a must IMHO they make it for me!

leon

kingkongsfinger

Feb 16, 2005
Bolton
Just been to David Cooks and seen two white Cupras next to each other. The white demo Cupra with side skirts and I assume Rampage's white Cupra waiting to be picked up without skirts.

Both look sweet, Ive just told Gary (sales manager) to add side skirts to mine thats due at the end of January as I could not make my mind up, but seeing the two cars together side skirts are a MUST.:clap::clap::funk::funk:[B)]

I WANT MY CUPRA NOW AFTER GOING FOR ANOTHER RAZZ IN THE DEMO!!

Rampage

Trainee Northener
May 24, 2003
The white demo Cupra with side skirts and I assume Rampage's white Cupra waiting to be picked up without skirts.

Both look sweet, Ive just told Gary (sales manager) to add side skirts to mine thats due at the end of January as I could not make my mind up, but seeing the two cars together side skirts are a MUST[B)]

The salemanager told me that you'd been in, he said that you said the demo one looked better than mine :p (because of the skirts).

kingkongsfinger

Feb 16, 2005
Bolton
The salemanager told me that you'd been in, he said that you said the demo one looked better than mine :p (because of the skirts).

Rampage, what are your first impressions of the car??

Not realy the best weather for a white car at the moment?

We will have to meet up late January when I get mine!!

Rampage

Trainee Northener
May 24, 2003
Your right about the weather, I drove approx 5 miles on the motorway and it was filthy.
Done about 110 miles so far and now it's really dirty inside and out. Hopefully the mud flaps should help a bit.
It feels a lot faster than I remembered from the test drive, although been I've hardly been pushing it. I've been taking it quite steady.
Reversing in the dark is quite a problem. I'm pretty good at reversing, but visability is very poor and the frequently mentioned reversing light being poor.
Not much storage spece in the cabin, glove box being small etc.
Engines too quiet!
The Bi-Xenon headlights don't seem to be much better than my 1.0 12v Corsa ones, They are the same as the ones on BMW and Audi arn't they?
Apart from that, I couldn't be happier!
Cruise control is very good if your trundling along in a 30mph zone with speed camera's, you can set it to 30 and not worry about the camera's.
I havn't figured out the auto wipers yet.
Nor have I had a chance to try the Bluetooth.

Very pleased.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.