1st pics of my beeza (now with THS FMIC)

cupra collins

Mar 27, 2007
make sure where you have moved the rad back that you aint got it rubbing on anything my was and its worn a hole in a air con pipe not good lol

footlong

Oct 12, 2007
South yorkshire
after all this talk of intercoolers, what are the core dimensions of the original smic on the cupra? whats the total volume of the original, a laguna, the ths and the forge? it's really interesting me at the moment- it seems to be a hot topic!

scaredpassenger

Oct 3, 2007
Essex
what are the dimensions of this cooler and the original cooler?

i have a merc cooler sitting in my shed waiting for our car! but mine looks a bit on the long side!! lol its probably the same hight and depth as this ths cooler but mine looks longer and looks nice and standard (not chromed or polished)

p.s. i got it for free! hence why we will fit this and not any other cooler! lol

Black TDI Turbo

Shussssh Its A Diesel ...
Oct 2, 2005
North East
I have a universal intercooler which is pretty much the same, only difference being my inlet and outlets are at the bottom not in the centre, I think the one i have looks better than the ths one but is the same dimensions here is the link to ebay where i bought mine

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FRONT-MOUNT-T...ryZ72205QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Here are a few pics too

DSC01077.jpg

DSC01067.jpg

DSC01068.jpg

i have done quite a few logs on this once before mapped and after mapped with k03S turbo.

With outside temps of 15degrees c, i see max 30degrees c and i have just done one last week when it was 4 degrees c outside and the max intake temp was 18degrees c. That was pulling 174g/s through the MAF. As for pressure loss as it is only a smaller cooler and i used 2" piping there is non compared to the standard cooler. Hope this helps you guys.

Oh plus when i fitted it it feels like it pulls a hell of alot harder all the way through the rev range.

Oh and very subtle i know.

Last edited:

jonesya3

Dec 28, 2005
Liverpool
I have a universal intercooler which is pretty much the same, only difference being my inlet and outlets are at the bottom not in the centre, I think the one i have looks better than the ths one but is the same dimensions here is the link to ebay where i bought mine

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FRONT-MOUNT-T...ryZ72205QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Here are a few pics too

DSC01077.jpg

DSC01067.jpg

DSC01068.jpg

i have done quite a few logs on this once before mapped and after mapped with k03S turbo.

With outside temps of 15degrees c, i see max 30degrees c and i have just done one last week when it was 4 degrees c outside and the max intake temp was 18degrees c. That was pulling 174g/s through the MAF. As for pressure loss as it is only a smaller cooler and i used 2" piping there is non compared to the standard cooler. Hope this helps you guys.

Oh plus when i fitted it it feels like it pulls a hell of alot harder all the way through the rev range.

Looks good, what was you getting before temp wise mate ? plus ebay link aint working :)

Black TDI Turbo

Shussssh Its A Diesel ...
Oct 2, 2005
North East
Around 50-60 odd depending on how long id been out for and how many runs i had done before, heat soak is a bitch, lol humm dunno about the link works fine on mine, just type in universal intercooler into ebay search then, theres loads, there classed as small fmic's.

jonesya3

Dec 28, 2005
Liverpool
Would also be interested to no if the people with the blue samco hoses on show on the ths type 1 cooler are they still as clean as in the pics after afew weeks of driving in the great british weather ?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.