Glovebox help

edmong

GHE Tuning
Aug 15, 2007
Plymouth, Devon
Hello people, in need of some help! I have searched and sent PM's but no reply as yet.

Ive bought a Connects2 USB interface connector for my Ipod and am going to put everything in the glovebox. Now I know how to remove the glovebox but what I need to know from you lot is

1. how easy is it to thread the cabling through to the Aura head unit from the glovebox?

2. will I need to cut a hole in the tray of the glovebox or is there something there already?

3. has anyone done this and have you got any pics?

I'll say thanks now.

Gareth

dmmsta

Sold car - bought bike
Feb 10, 2007
Maidstone - Kent
1. With the Glovebox out you can almost see the back end of the HU, at least you can defo see the cables that attach to it.
You might need to take the HU out to connect up to it, but dead easy with Glovebox out!

2. Depending on how big the plug is that connects to the iPod (and depending on whether you have one) you might be able to feed it thru the AC vent in the back of the Glovebox, otherwise it's just a case of some delicate stanley knife work to cut a hole in the back. Use a bradall (spl?) to pin-point the corners of the cutout you need from the inside of the glovebox, and then cut the rest form the back.

3. No pic's i'm afraid, but did it in a previous car so know it's not too stressful!

dmmsta

Sold car - bought bike
Feb 10, 2007
Maidstone - Kent
Sorry I missed all that - I managed to undo the screws with just the torx bit & a very short extention bar, as you say anything longer doesn't fit.

Hope you got it sorted!!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.