Leon Cupra Changes - Effective January 2008 - CupraK1

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Below are the details of forthcoming enhancements to the SEAT Leon Cupra, which have been made as a direct result of dealer feedback.

The options and standard specification changes are effective from 1st January 2008, with the options for customers that have already placed a Cupra post week 45 detailed below.

main.php

Standard Cupra
The 2.0 TSI 240PS Cupra no longer features Bi-xenon headlights as standard. The rest of the Leon range will incur a price increase as of 1st January 2008, with Bi-xenon headlights now available as an option for customers that still want the feature.

Cupra K1
As a limited edition for Q1 2008, the Leon Cupra will also be available with a comprehensive styling kit and badged as the Cupra K1. Available in Inferi Black, Emocion Red, Luna Grey or Candy White.

The kit comprises the mandatory components detailed below. All other options remain unchanged, with the addition of Bi-xenon headlights.

Styling kit comprises:

- front bumper
- rear bumper
- side skirts
- tailgate spoiler
- central exit exhaust

Options changes:
All current options will be available for both the Cupra and the Cupra K1. In addition to this, Bi-xenon headlights with AFS will also be available on both cars for the standard price of £870, as currently available on the FR. As an additional detail, black and white 18” Orion wheels are now available on the Cupra for £205.

Pricing:

2.0TFSI 240PS Cupra - £19,495
2.0TFSI 240PS Cupra K1 - £20,495

Options Pricing:

Bi-xenon headlights with AFS - £870
18" Orion alloys wheels in Black - £205
18" Orion alloys wheels in White - £205

Current orders:
All pre build week 45 Cupras will be price protected, but must be registered by 31st January 2008. Vehicles that have been produced after build week 45 will not be fitted with Bi-xenon headlights.

Last edited:

Rampage

Trainee Northener
May 24, 2003
Are they fitting the Aero kit at their place in Milton Keynes? Or at the factory in Spain.

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
saw this at autosport, all i can say is we just laughed. The whole thing just stunk of desperation. Puts it on a par with the mazda 3 MPS at trying now make it look meaner.

SEAT could not have ruined the launch of the leon cupra more. I think its an insult compared to how well they did with the old shape cupra R

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
saw this at autosport, all i can say is we just laughed. The whole thing just stunk of desperation. Puts it on a par with the mazda 3 MPS at trying now make it look meaner.

SEAT could not have ruined the launch of the leon cupra more. I think its an insult compared to how well they did with the old shape cupra R

Nothing wrong with the car as it is in my opinion, leave it be without the Aero kit. The **** up is the fact they are bolting on an unpleasant looking kit. If its what people want then so be it, but at least its optional, the kit will not age well.

The Cupra R is a looker and a classic, I owned one so I'm not going to suddenly say its less good looking. But its got the handling of a boat in comparison to the new Cupra. The new Leon is much more of a drivers car, I also think the car is one of the better looking modern cars in it's sector at the moment. Certainly better than the Golf or Focus or Megane.

Love it or loathe it's looks, its not a bad car by any stetch.

Last edited:

SEATcarsdirect.co.uk

Seat UK offered to take my Cupra to Milton Keynes to fit the Aero Kit FOC. Thats why I was wondering.

prob just that fact you had problems with your order
glad you got it all sorted thou

fitted at port of entryi have been told

Irfan

Gib83

Neeow!!
Mar 3, 2007
Sheffield
I agree with zboyd, the Leon is a very stylish looking car amongst other more ordinary, run of the mill hatchbacks.

H8T WP

looks like a lupo gti exhaust LOL. The skirts look deeper than areo ones ? Are they different or exactly same ? And what's this k1 business all about ?

Rampage

Trainee Northener
May 24, 2003
Current orders:
All pre build week 45 Cupras will be price protected, but must be registered by 31st January 2008. Vehicles that have been produced after build week 45 will not be fitted with Bi-xenon headlights.

Mine was build week 47 and didn't have the Xenons.
Seat said there were only 3 made like this.
They are going to have so many complaints if every car from week 45 doesn't have Xenons, the new catalog which states that Xenons arn't standard only came out in week 52. Even the dealers didn't know!
Mine was ordered mid october.
They simply cannot remove something from the car and charge an extra £870 for it, when people have already paid for the car.

Please see HERE for my thoughts on Seat UK.

Hi Rampage,

Turns out it wa more than 3 cars they had turn up minus the Bi-Xenons! We had another one arrive (Zenith Grey) without Bi-Xenons although that customer decided to take SEATs offer of the Aero Kit. All down to personal choice. SEAT paid us to fit the kit rather than them taking the car down to Kent to have their contracted bodyshop do the work. As you (quite rightly in my opinion ) turned down the same offer of a bodykit your car will be exactly as ordered, price protected and has been confirmed as a week 5 build.

As a dealer I have to look at the fiscal implications of any spec changes, colour choices fitted options etc when a car is traded in, personally I would value a full Aero kit Cupra at about the same price as a standard Cupra and slightly lower than one with side skirts and rear spoiler.

darrellr

Apr 2, 2006
monmouth
As a dealer I have to look at the fiscal implications of any spec changes, colour choices fitted options etc when a car is traded in, personally I would value a full Aero kit Cupra at about the same price as a standard Cupra and slightly lower than one with side skirts and rear spoiler.

That's an interesting point Gary. I assume most extras add little to the resale value of a car.

If you make another post (to make 10) I'll be able to PM you about what is worth adding and what isn't. Obviously O/T for this thread.

Although some extras or colours won't add too much value they will often make the car easier to sell, ie if there are 2 Leons at the same price one in Black and one in Brisa the black will always get more interest.

Spec worth adding would definately include Bluetooth, 18" alloys on an FR, side skirts (rear spoiler is to taste) on an FR or Cupra as long as the dealer isn't trying to charge silly money (we charge £345 & £190) and for how cheap it is (£310) sunroof. Anything over and above these you have to think of as personal indulgences that won't really get you any more on your resale price, but hey, your car is there to enjoy and we all know it is never ever an investment, if you want that then be a boring green sod, ride a bike and buy an ISA!!!!

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
ZBOYD, if you look at post 22 on THIS thread, I was right wasn't I? :p

Eh? If you read further back in the same thread, we were referring to SCN being used as a possible focus group before they produced expensive tooling.

However in this case they didn't use any expensive tooling because they just stuck the same crap kit on it they put on all the other Leon's.

So im not sure what you thought you were right about :confused:

They used Autosport to unveil the exact same kit the unveiled at Autosport last year. :p

It didn't exactly ask the customer if they liked it or what they would of liked to see??

Last edited:

Rampage

Trainee Northener
May 24, 2003
Eh? If you read further back in the same thread, we were referring to SCN being used as a possible focus group before they produced expensive tooling.

However in this case they didn't use any expensive tooling because they just stuck the same crap kit on it they put on all the other Leon's.

So im not sure what you thought you were right about :confused:

They used Autosport to unveil the exact same kit the unveiled at Autosport last year. :p

It didn't exactly ask the customer if they liked it or what they would of liked to see??

I (think) I know what you meant.
You said "Seat need somewhere to show the car to thousands of potential buyers" meaning here, then I said "you mean Autosport :p" And they choose Autosport.
Unless you meant somewhere before they unveiled it? In which case they should have listened to you, obviously they'll never give you a job with thinking like that :p

Chris