Front Seat Mechanism

Ptamblin

As anyone had a problem with their three door ibiza that one of the seats do not move forward to allow people to get into the back of the car, it happened whilst moving house about a year ago and putting the back seats down.

Is it likely to be the cable, and how easy is it going to be to sort out, as I have ignored it for a while but now just want to get it sorted.

Any suggestions of things I should check?

T. Spark

20p pieces...

No joke mate, check for loose change that might have fallen on the 'track's' ive had it before... mashed up a 20p piece!

Once out, all working again

Ptamblin

But the actual moving forward backword movement works.. hence give people more leg room, but the "bucket chucker" doesn't work when the knob is pulling on the left shoulder?

bizzaboy

20p pieces...

No joke mate, check for loose change that might have fallen on the 'track's' ive had it before... mashed up a 20p piece!

Once out, all working again

.....I think he's actually referring to the lever half way up the side of the front seats that allows the rear to fold forward for passengers to "climb" in ;) :whistle:

BOT, Do you feel any resistance when you pull the lever or does it feel very loose? If it is loose, as you say, could be a lever has become detached within the seat?! :(

T. Spark

Again its normally loose change or similar. If you feel between the back of the seat, and bottom of the back see if anything is lodged there.

If nothing, then check down in the right hand corner of the seat, where you can see the mechnics of the seat, near the where the seatbelt goes inside the B Pillar, when you pull up the knob and move it forward you see bits moving basically, I had a 20p peice stuck in there and each time I tried it mangled it abit more, until I could be arsed to get it out.

If you dont have any luck finding it, I will try and get a picture tonight for you.

Ptamblin

Thanks for your help guys, I thought bucket chucker was a quite good explanation, i'm guessing to get into the seat aint easy!

bizzaboy

lol. You beat me to it (posted within the same minute too) :)

See my post above! ..would have thought if the mechanism had broken/become detached, the lever would feel very loose? How does it compare to the lever on the other seat??

danmay

Fast cars, shooting stars
Mar 25, 2007
Stafford
www.myspace.com
can't see it beign an easy job, would involve taking the covers off i assume. could be summat wedged in the catch as t spark says, happened to me 2, butonly with a penny 'cuz he's richer than me :bleh: :lol:

Ptamblin

yeah feels very loose, as if its not actually pulling on anything. :(

T. Spark

could be summat wedged in the catch as t spark says, happened to me 2, butonly with a penny 'cuz he's richer than me :bleh: :lol:

Doubtful mate, it munched it so im 20p down :( I bet you got the penny back!!

yeah feels very loose, as if its not actually pulling on anything. :(

Doesnt sound good then mate, get ya sen to a meet, im sure someone can fix it!

Red Rum

Using "the fuel of Satan"
Jun 29, 2007
Durham
This has happened on mine and its anoying to say the least, especially considering its only 8 months old. The handle feels loose and the side of the seat with the handle on lifts and moves a bit its just the other side nearest the drivers seat that doesnt budge. Booked in for a service next Monday so should hopefully get it sorted there. Is it something that i could fettle myself or is it definately a dealer jobbie.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members