Tesco sells Leon Mark 2 Windscreen wipers

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
they look very similar to the ones i have on my toledo.cheap they are,shite also.Mine alwasy leave a great blob of water right in front of the driver. very annoying.i'd by a good make like bosch or valeo .
my octavia had some rather more expensive valeo ones, and i couldn't fault them

GhostMjr

Dec 27, 2007
they look very similar to the ones i have on my toledo.cheap they are,shite also.Mine alwasy leave a great blob of water right in front of the driver. very annoying.i'd by a good make like bosch or valeo .
my octavia had some rather more expensive valeo ones, and i couldn't fault them

Thanks for the tip, I am probably going to buy a set of offical from a dealer eventually. The manual says once a year :p

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
keeping them clean helps prolong life.i have heard vinegar is good ,but not tried it myself.

Xe

Anyone tried the bosch or valeo blades? Anyone know which is best?

wobblelino

Feb 7, 2008
Herts
seat dealer in st albans mentioned that blades are 60 squid a pop! Tesco's at 8 may be worth it but in the mid range would be better.

Oh and I hate tescos with a passion!

Husbandofstinky

Out from the Wilderness
Nov 8, 2007
Temperate Regions
seat dealer in st albans mentioned that blades are 60 squid a pop! Tesco's at 8 may be worth it but in the mid range would be better.

Oh and I hate tescos with a passion!

Just because they are cheap, it doesn't necessarily mean they're crap. I use the £1.25 wilkinsons specials on the dog astra. They aren't that bad.

Also with Tesco's you could easily get your money back if you weren't happy with them. I've heard of people taking books back after they've read them with no problems (tesco's employee). Nothing to loose really.

Buy the Tesco's ones, if no good take them back and get stealer ones.

seremotors

Dave the Parts Manager
Mar 11, 2008
Belfast UK
www.seatcupra.net
SEAT do refills of the same quality as original wipers at £5 each. You break off the end of the original wiper, slide out the rubber, fit the new rubber and cap provided. bargain!!!! part number 1K0955429A hope this helps

GhostMjr

Dec 27, 2007
SEAT do refills of the same quality as original wipers at £5 each. You break off the end of the original wiper, slide out the rubber, fit the new rubber and cap provided. bargain!!!! part number 1K0955429A hope this helps

Nice one duly noted :D.

Icehquk

Jun 22, 2007
Staffs
Nice tip ;)

Nathanio

May 26, 2005
West Sussex
www.w1pcs.co.uk
Best thing to clean wipers with is neat screen wash. Just a drop on some folded kitchen towel and cleans them up nicely :) It also doesn't attack the rubber on the blade so helps them last :)

Rob GTI

Oct 28, 2004
South Wales

Has anyone tried these yet. I phoned my local dealer today and he said they are for an Alhambra only. Althought surely the replacement rubber would fit all wiper blades?

seremotors

Dave the Parts Manager
Mar 11, 2008
Belfast UK
www.seatcupra.net
tell me more about the change of wiper blade if you have any info??

Dan as far as I know its the design of how the rubber is fitted into the spine of the wiper. Also, the end caps are different so the caps supplied with the refills will not fit. An additional issue is that very few cars from 06/07 will still have factory fitted blades on them - most will have had new ones and because of all the supersessions the later blades will be fitted. Refills will not fit these either.
Best bet is to source a pair of proper wipers - perhaps buy a pair of refills and see if they fit your old ones to have for next time. that way you arent stuck with a handful of bits and no wipers . . . . . . .

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members