WTCC Puebla Mexico This Weekend

JasonP06

Sep 11, 2006
Tom Coronel seems to be a very consistent driver. A 7th and a 9th at Curitiba doesn't seem that bad. Shame he won't be a part of GR Asia but he did say he wanted to qualify from 5th-10th so to qualify 3rd; 2 places better than he had expexcted is great.

Can I just clear something up regarding the entries in the WTCC? Will the teams Promotor Sport and Artman Racing (Lvov & Smetsky) be entering the WTCC at anytime?

Russian Bears with their Ladas will appear in Valencia next, Poulsen will enter three beemers at Estoril, Brands Hatch and Oschersleben with Michel Njyker, Kristian Poulsen and Jesper Sylvest.

But no mention of Promotor who had planned to enter the first car (a beemer - again!) at Curitiba and enter the second at Puebla but no announcement of drivers were ever made. Could it have something to do with continuing the Endurance Touring Car Series? Have they decided to make that a priority? And Artman who will run a pair of Accords with the drivers who raced with Golden Motors last season Andrey Smetsky and Alexander Lvov didn't announce (not on TouringCarTimes) which of the WTCC rounds they will do in conjunction with the STCC and ETC Cup.

Last edited:

MarkE

Acceptable in the 80s
Jul 20, 2003
Lancaster
www.markeaston.org
From the WTCC site :

BUREAU LIMITS DIESEL TURBO PRESSURE

Like in Brazil, the FIA Touring Car Bureau have issued a decision to limit the supercharged air pressure and the fuel rail pressure on the SEAT León TDI cars.

Both pressures have been limited to the average maximum values measured by the FIA data logger during the previous WTCC event in Curitiba.

This decision applies from Puebla and until further notice.

And Rob Huff took a 5 place drop when his car failed to restart after being weighed.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
surely that's a bit daft.. they'll have qual'd on "high output" engines, then will race on lower output ones.

I guess BMW's diesel engine isn't quite ready yet

MarkE

Acceptable in the 80s
Jul 20, 2003
Lancaster
www.markeaston.org
So if they've used measured average values from the last race to set the limit going forwards, they've effectively frozen engine development (in terms of output at least).

Nothing like the spirit of competition...

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
That's why equalisation never works out as it should. The car has two successful races and they tie its shoelaces together in a figurative way. I think they should of waited until they were back in Europe.

Moley RUFC

Up in the Lickeys........
Nov 20, 2006
Lickey,Worcs
What carnage!! First few laps were fantastic. I was waiting for **** Dastardly to join the the circuit and smash a few out.

Moley RUFC

Up in the Lickeys........
Nov 20, 2006
Lickey,Worcs
Hope BTCC never goes as predictable, gap seems huge between front runners and others. Not enough manufacturers involved for my liking. Thought James Thompson raced an Alfa in this series?:confused:

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Nope Alfa have pulled out altogether, they were only run as a semi-work team the last 2 years under the N-Technology banner. Now the same team have regrouped and are running Honda Accords. However the team have been delayed and won't start their campaign with James Thompson until they get to Europe.

Surface at Puebla is rubbish, why the FIA race there is anyones guess really.

There is one more manufacturer in WTCC than there is in BTCC

JasonP06

Sep 11, 2006
The team now works closely with JAS; if and when they finally enter.

Fantastic to see the five factory and one Independent SEAT in the top 7 and get the bulk of the points. Unquestionably, and surely, the best WTCC result SEAT has ever achieved since entering the WTCC back in about 2005.

Well done SEAT.

JasonP06

Sep 11, 2006
How do you mean?

Something I really would like to ask though if it is OK. On the official Championship Points standing on the official WTCC website, Olivier Tielmans is in the Drivers Championship with 1pt. I thought now with Wiechers-Sport he was an Independent. What is Olivier? Independent or Works driver? Because I thought Independents weren't allowed to compete in the overall Drivers Championship apart from Tom (Coronel).

JasonP06

Sep 11, 2006
Six in a row.. doubt we'll see that again!

All the more reason for us to savour the sight of the five drivers all getting a top 5 spot and another SEAT in 6th!

I cannot wait to see the video on the official WTCC website!! I am just so extatic right now!:funk::funk:

What a fantastic achievement by Antonio Rodriguez Azorin; the Team Boss, and Jamie Puig! I want to, but something is telling me not to get too carried away with an all works SEAT 1-2-3-4-5. The confidence that they will be able to take the Manfacturers title this year and of course a Drivers Title with similar performances at similar tracks must be high.

I reckon this is good for them more than anyone could know. I would love to think this would give them the belief to do better than anything they have ever done before.

SEAT has not won more than the 4 wins they achieved last season...though SEAT have already achieved that. In 03' they didn't win any, in 04' they only won 1 and in 05' and 06' they both won 3.
And SEAT has of course never won the title. Yvan came the closest last season with 2nd but in 03' Frank Diefenbacker came 15th, in 04' Jordi came 8th, in 05', Rydell came 6th and in 06' Muller came 4th.

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise