A picture of my unfitted coilovers.

depresion

Dec 14, 2005
Also since fitting the droplinks the cars handling feels different, steering seems stiffer ( maybe because of shortened droplinks moving roll bar?) and it pulls to away when driving straight. The tracking should sort out the pulling to the side, but stiffer steering what could this be??

Shorter droplinks shouldn't change the behaviour of the ARB unless they are giving it a pre-load. The pulling to one side and heavy steering sound like your tracking is out. That could also put extra load through all your bushes.

LUFC, I have absolutely SAME PROBLEM!!! :cry:
I was fitted the TA-Technix from HotTuning eBay seller last week to my iBIZA 6L 1.4 16v Sport. Rear ones was OK, but front was scraping and beating.

What was scraping and beating on what?

Today I bought shorter Droplinks from G-Max Part No: SBE46 (was £49) and problems are rising!!! :( The droplinks seems to be too short, so whole car is now swaying when i turn the wheels,

Too short? So the ARB is now fouling something else?

addition the new shorter droplinks WAS BENDED BRACKET ON COILOVER!!!

Sorry I can't follow that.

LUFC

hi mate iv just read that you have had the same problems i have now taken the kit off my car as i inspected the kit it had started to bend on the bracket wer the droplinks bolt on, the strut also seems to have slitly bent.
I have totaly removed the kit as it seems dangerous to drive if things are starting to be bend.
I am now going to try and get my money back for a useless kit.

Be careful with this kit as in my experience of under a week with it fitted it is absolutley shocking!

Griff

LUFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by papaya

I have pictures of this as i am going to try and get my money back, i will upload them tomorrow. Its the bracket where the drop links attach to the suspension its bent them over!!

Which worried me alot

kenny_fr

Sep 19, 2007
Glasgow
That sounds really dodgy:blink: brackets bending you would think it
would be able to take the load without any issues, hope u get something
sorted.:)

LUFC

cheers mate.

seems iv learnt the hard way that you get what you pay for.

kenny_fr

Sep 19, 2007
Glasgow
Its not good how things like that happen. I was going to go for eibachs but ended up getting kw varient 1s still not fitted though due to lack of funds lol.

depresion

Dec 14, 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by papaya

I have pictures of this as i am going to try and get my money back, i will upload them tomorrow. Its the bracket where the drop links attach to the suspension its bent them over!!

Which worried me alot

That dose sound very worrying, under UK law if a product is not fit for the purposes for which it was sold you have a statuary right to a refund or replacement. How this will go down with them being from Belgium, I don't know, but they shouldn't have got A TUV certificate if they aren't roadworthy. I haven't fitted mine yet but when I do I'll have to look out for this.

papaya

Hi guys, here is few pictures of my USELESS AND MAYBE DAGEROUS COILOVERS after fitting of shorter droplinks and ride cca 1mile!!!

img0430ra0.jpg
img0432ga3.jpg

img0433oi2.jpg
img0434rg1.jpg

Results?
- creaking car
- bended brackets (maybe ARB as well)
- scratched arch
- unusable vehicle
- wasted money
- disillusion

LUFC

these are the hot tuning ta-technix coilys, mine have done the exact same. i Have now removed them after having them on for two days, back to standard for me

papaya

I think I found possible reason why the bracket was bended!

here is picture of TA-Technix vs. V-MAXX

tatechnixpf3.jpg

You can see, that mounting bracket with hole for droplinks aren't at the same position! That's why V-MAXX recommend using of shorter droplinks! But it can't never help with TA-Technix...

Maybe we need droplink size between original and shorted ones.

I'll try get off droplinks tomorrow and will test drive for noise without them... If I'll survive, I will let You know... :headhurt:

Gazb

Mar 6, 2007
Lisburn, Northern Ireland
Its not good how things like that happen. I was going to go for eibachs but ended up getting kw varient 1s still not fitted though due to lack of funds lol.

Those are the 2 coilovers I'm currently trying to decide between. Atm I'm leaning towards the Eibachs as I live out on some rough country roads and they aren't as hard as the KW v1's.

Ofcourse I might just buy a rear ARB first which won't help my coily funds much.

I hope you guys who bought the hottuning coilovers get your money back as there's no way they should bend like that without crashing into a kerb of something.

jay.ing

Red Blur (And soot!)
Nov 17, 2007
Southport, Merseyside
My car isn't from UK. Why?

its just that it looks like a problem ive seen before on older ibizas with standard suspension, on earlier ibizas the ARB's dont have a collar on them and they can slide to one side causing the drop link to rub and score the chassis. The newer ARB's were brought out with retaining collars. (look closely next to the bushes).

DSC01679.jpg

Just what i thought when i saw your pictures!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members