A picture of my unfitted coilovers.

papaya

BTW - the eBay seller makes a proposal of FULL REFUND MY MONEY with his own PICKING UP of my bad coiovers, so this sounds very fair to me...

Last edited by a moderator:

depresion

Dec 14, 2005
Yea, it looks like they have tried to fix the problem of the ARBs fouling by lifting the ARB mounts. Looks like it could have done with a thicker gauge or additional bracing.

depresion

Dec 14, 2005
its just that it looks like a problem ive seen before on older ibizas with standard suspension, on earlier ibizas the ARB's dont have a collar on them and they can slide to one side causing the drop link to rub and score the chassis. The newer ARB's were brought out with retaining collars. (look closely next to the bushes).

DSC01679.jpg

Just what i thought when i saw your pictures!

When was this introduced?

CHR15B

May 5, 2005
Scotland
I've had TA-Technik coilovers on me car for about 10K now and not had any problems.

They are also slightly different from the photos above...

Four.jpg

These are mines, pre-fitting of shorter droplinks ... I fitted shorter droplinks because the ARB was rubbing off the driveshaft.

I'm reverting back to standard suspension though because the roads over my area etc are terrible ... so if any of you guys fancy selling your standard suspension setups I am interested in buying.

LUFC

BTW - the eBay seller makes a proposal of FULL REFUND MY MONEY with his own PICKING UP of my bad coiovers, so this sounds very fair to me...

hiya mate when have they said they'll pick them from you, they have aslo said the same to me full refund and collection on tuesday

Matty.

________
Jan 7, 2008
Larkhall, Glasgow
So looks like ill be saving up to get FK ones to replace my hottuning ones?

Ill take a look tonight and see if there is any faults, but everything seems fine for me except a rough ride.

Its on its highest setting and its still pretty low though...?

papaya

hmm bad batch cos mine are 100% perfect not bent at all.....

...neither noise during riding over bumps??? Mine are knocking so noisy in every f*** hole :-( What height You set-up? I tried all - from lowest to highest & still same.

- Bended brackets was due to differences between TA-Technix and V-Maxx and wrong using of shorter droplinks.

- And creaking was because ARB gets different position after lowering. I tried ride my car today without droplinks and creakink was gone! But still knocking...

So I'll go back to my standard SEAT Sport suspension :banned:

BTW: Where are You from fr-tdi? I would like to see Your susp. in real...

Last edited by a moderator:

fr-tdi

Detailing freak!
Feb 7, 2008
fife, scotland
...neither noise during riding over bumps??? Mine are knocking so noisy in every f*** hole :-( What height You set-up? I tried all - from lowest to highest & still same.

- Bended brackets was due to differences between TA-Technix and V-Maxx and wrong using of shorter droplinks.

- And creaking was because ARB gets different position after lowering. I tried ride my car today without droplinks and creakink was gone! But still knocking...

So I'll go back to my standard SEAT Sport suspension :banned:

BTW: Where are You from fr-tdi? I would like to see Your susp. in real...

no noise, no creaking, not bent, theyre slammed as low as they will go, im about 350 miles from you lol near edinburgh i have a normal ARB

papaya

no noise, no creaking, not bent, theyre slammed as low as they will go, im about 350 miles from you lol near edinburgh i have a normal ARB

Damn! So maybe me and LUFC got really bad batch... :(

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.