Std Cupra on a Trackday

Jan 18, 2007
West Of London
Anyone taken one out for a spin at all?

I did and was very impressed how it stood up on the novice day at Snetterton yesteday. Got some pictures in the Trackday section for the cars we were up against in our group if anyone is interested.

Only gripe was the hydraulic fluid getting hot and making the clutch pedal respond a little slower at the end of the last lap of the day. I figure a fluid change for the higher spec stuff will resolve that however.

H8T WP

was a great day out

n534990421_3547632_5883.jpg

The k1 held up very well, my brakes got hot, clutch stuck a bit too but all in all, no problems warning lights or crashes for either of us.

i think the seat boys were the only ones who didnt have troubles ! very surprising

H8T WP

Mine were not hot when we both parked up. Maybe a bit overzealous with the late breaking corner dives? :)
hmmm yes! 130 mph , 30 feet till the bend... BRAKE !! lol thank god for esp

Jan 18, 2007
West Of London
What dose boy racer mode mean:confused:
A little joke between H8T WP and me. But seriously we came in and parked up and his brakes were still roasting after a few mins when we were standing around when mine were much easier to touch on various parts round the disc.

Moley RUFC

Up in the Lickeys........
Nov 20, 2006
Lickey,Worcs
was a great day out

n534990421_3547632_5883.jpg

The k1 held up very well, my brakes got hot, clutch stuck a bit too but all in all, no problems warning lights or crashes for either of us.

i think the seat boys were the only ones who didnt have troubles ! very surprising

Bloody 'ell ! You went that fast your drivers side wing mirror cover fell off! :D

Jan 18, 2007
West Of London
Replies to each post

Can you pass that on to us?
Not unless you work in the same company that I do.

Oh yes please :) im still umming and arring about donny.
See above. Am surprised you do not work for someone in the city actually.

i was in the white dc5 ;) handles like its on rails doesnt it!
had a look at the photos some great shots taken!
The guy who took them is a friend of ours and did our group a favour with respect to the shots. He loves cars and cameras so this was a nice day out for him.

My friend was saying you had a big washout at Quorum in a big plume of dust, what happened there?

I had one where the Red ST3 (One of our group) was on my left just before the bridge. To prevent a collison situation I braked later and turned left a little too hard which meant I was not able to steer right again and washed out the RH turn onto the short straight. Only real run out of talent situation all day.

The Donnington meet we are going to is on the 8th unfortunately which is the Open Pitlane, not the 10th as per the tris' sig, so it looks like that will be a no go for me :( Assuming the wife has no plans, I would be up for coming along as a spectator for the day. Any of you boys based out West London way per chance?:shrug:

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.