Reasons to like the LCR

Bloooor

Really can't wait to get one now :) How many No Claims Bonus did you have when you where 20?

stevo lcr

Oct 29, 2007
Tividale
Hi blooor.dont be put off by the scaremongers,if you want to treat yourself to an lcr go for it mate.After all,we`re here for a good time,not a long time!!!!!

Colonelk

Nov 17, 2006
Thats all good an well if you take only yourself out through reckless driving.

Take another person out and you won't be laughing.

DannyC87

Rubbing is Racing :-)
Mar 4, 2008
depends how you interpret it. i see what you mean; but i read it as; it you can have one while your young, go for it, because life is short and who knows whats to come.

Rarpuc

Jun 28, 2008
west of scotland
Im 24 and have just got an LCR,id say thats quite young for a car like that i may be wrong, but if you can afford the sky high insurance costs at your age then hell yeah should go for it,id have killed for a car like this all those years ago but anything even slightly sporty was way beyond my reach so had to make do.
Good luck!

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex
depends how you interpret it. i see what you mean; but i read it as; it you can have one while your young, go for it, because life is short and who knows whats to come.

hmmm.... better to have fun throughout a long life and aim for that everyday.

or are you saying im TOO old for a leon????;)

i think owning a powerful car is a huge responsibility for any driver and you owe it 100% everytime you drive it. reguardless of age.

but you youngies get a bad enough press as it is so best to leave the life is short bit out:D

work on the idea of age related power. 21=210bhp 22=220bhp and onwards

your 40th bday will be great ..

old age will be awesome:D

Colonelk

Nov 17, 2006
I don't think I'd be able to handle 800 Bhp at 80 LOL

:D

If I can I'll be awesome !!

Bloooor

Who is going to the Tatton Park show 10th Auguest? Would be good to meet some of you and if I come down in the clio I can hopefully convince you my taste isn't that bad... lol and also see I'm not a crazy guy who's going to die in a ditch lol

DannyC87

Rubbing is Racing :-)
Mar 4, 2008
I'm not; I'm on completely wrong side of the country! I will be at silverstone and brands btcc weekends if you're going?

Bloooor

When are they on? I'm trying to get to as many shows as possible this year. Going to Tatton, Edition38, Traxx and couple of others..

smoothuk

SmoothNAV
Aug 26, 2005
Essex
Mate, if you want one, have it. We all know we have "silly moments" but it dont matter how old you are, we still have them! As for the not respecting it..im guessing you will be like me, its my baby, i really wanted one, paid a lot of money for one, and spent the money tuning it, so i respect the car, and the driving conditions, after all, the last thing you want to do is wrap it after all the joy of getting one!!!
As for handling, i have KW coilovers, neuspeed 28 - 25 ARB, mkiv upper strut brace, and a rear upper strut brace, with good rubber..i would challenge anyone with a front wheel drive car to have a go if they think there's is better!! On the track, its very good, and i have pushed it much harder than i would on the road, and it is very neutral, and catchable to have a play with, but it does not make you invincible!
Go for it chap, if you want one, buy it, and as i said, just respect your hard earned purchase!

Matt

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise