This is the new Ibiza Cupra!

QuietQuackers

Feb 14, 2007
Cheshire
Just read some of the specs, Hill Hold Control!? Exactly how many Grandads do they expect to buy the Cupra?

It seems the main thing they're trying to sell it on is the 7 speed DSG and they're neglecting the rest of it.

Poverty

Either SEAT are getting rid of the FR, and gonna bring back the cupra R name or something similiar, or this is one big wind up.

The cupra as far as my sources have been saying would have a 200hp 2.0T.

Also why would the cupra debut before a FR version. Totally against tradition. And finally the supposed "cupra" looks like crap, and 180hp from that weezy 1.4 is crap.

If my sources are indeed wrong and this is the top of the range ibiza then all the best SEAT, cause I will either get a Leon Cupra of leave SEAT all together. If this is real what a let down.

dancupra

I really hope that isnt it, i was speaking to irfan last night and am very tempted to put a deposit down on the cupra, but if its like that then seat can stick it up there a*ses....... the back looks crap, the front looks ok, but those wheels and no 4 pots...... dont think so seat somehow........

Poverty

I really hope that isnt it, i was speaking to irfan last night and am very tempted to put a deposit down on the cupra, but if its like that then seat can stick it up there a*ses....... the back looks crap, the front looks ok, but those wheels and no 4 pots...... dont think so seat somehow........

exactly the brake calipers dont look anything special like all other cupras and the alloys dont look cupra like and the brake calipers arent painted red!

Tom B

Apr 2, 2002
Northampton
I wasn't planning on staying with SEAT (next is either a MK5 GTI or a 123d) but I knew people who were. It looks really half hearted!

I know people who owned the MK3 hated the MK4 at launch, but I think this is really half hearted. I thought the new VAG CEO wanted SEAT to be a sporty brand? Crap engine choices in your best selling model, ugly 4x4s in a dying market and old A4's aren't going to keep SEAT alive.

chris285

leon mk1 fr tdi
Nov 26, 2004
lincoln, uk
thinking about it more it just dosen't seem cupra enough for my liking, as said hopefully its the fr as its not a great attempt otherwise

may go leon or ibiza mk4 if its the case

EB20VT

Feb 5, 2005
West Yorkshire
I can believe that this will be the Cupra, lots of manufacturers are downsizing engines and attempting to make them more economical, reducing emissions, fuel consumption and reducing car tax. Like people have said, if they made a 200 bhp hatch at 16k then it would take buyers away from other VAG hatches, i read that the new Golf GTi is going to have 211 bhp and cost an extra £1500 more than the current GTi. So discounting the styling would you pay 16k for 200bhp or 20k for 210 bhp.

chris285

leon mk1 fr tdi
Nov 26, 2004
lincoln, uk
just had a stupid thought, they did the leon cupra then the k1. they would not doing something similar and make the new one the bocanegra would they?

or are there still mumblings that the bocanegra will be a separate model?

dancupra

if you read the autocar report, No performance figures or prices have been released, but we’d expect the Cupra to compete with the £16k Renaultsport Clio 197. Seat’s new offering should go on sale before the end of the year......... so i say its a fake....

G!zmond0

Huge,Huge disappointment.It feels so bad that it actually hurts

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
I Hope that's the FR

No big red calipers and only 180 ps :think:

Other standard equipment on the Cupra includes cornering lights, bucket seats and 17-inch alloys.

Cornering lights ???? do they mean those silly one sided fog lights that come on with the indicators at night

If that's the FR thin i'm impressed but if it really is the cupra then I'm not

Still nothing about a proper derv ???

Last edited:

Phuture

Feb 15, 2007
Well, i wouldnt have thought it was a fake concidering its on the official seat website.

BUT, id like to think that its the new "FR", and that they will be coming with a Cupra R aswell.

I mean, looks wise its nothing special, and no decent brake set up? hmmm

We're have to wait and see, as it stands my next car will not be a seat.....

Poverty

The Leon Cupra doesn't come with Brembos anymore (remember old Cupra R=new Cupra) so I was expecting TT 312s on it.

The leon Cupra setup is identical to the New S3 and R32. ts 345mm yes, but its single piston!
Some People have rated this setup better than the 4pot brembos that came with the Cupra R Mk1.

Well, i wouldnt have thought it was a fake concidering its on the official seat website.

BUT, id like to think that its the new "FR", and that they will be coming with a Cupra R aswell.

I mean, looks wise its nothing special, and no decent brake set up? hmmm

We're have to wait and see, as it stands my next car will not be a seat.....

Yes this has to be the FR. Maybe SEAT are gonna release a bocanegra named ibiza afterall as the top model therefore doing away with the FR and replacing it with the cupra! Price will soon tell.

Actuallu thinking about it I am convinced this "cupra" is the new ibiza FR. Even the dealers on this site said he FR would be a 1.4 Twincharger and be available from february march. If the car gets unveiled in october it should hit showrooms in february/march. And then the real cupra, which could be called bocanegra will come in september 09.

Last edited by a moderator:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.