Which injectors for 500hp ABF turbo?

wolfsburg-motor

Can anyone suggest the correct injectors for my ABF turbo?

I was going to use the Genesis ones but am a little wary on using modified OEM or Siemens 630 ones which i've heard they are?

The inlet is going to be made by me using the lower ABF part in the pic, am I right in assuming the 20vt have the injectors high up the runner and are a single cone wide spray type, but as the ABF are in the head/low down, they HAVE to be twin cone for correct atomisation in the port?

They must be able to support 500hp @ std or 4 bar FP, and just 4 injectors to save on cost initially. (Is this a wise move you lot with big power cars or am I better making an 8 injector inlet due to the flow/fuelling problems of huge injectors that can arise?). I'm trying to keep costs down but know the importance of correct fuelling.

Does anyone know if the std ABF rail will flow enough juice also or do I need to fab/buy an RMR extrusion instead?

Cheers y'all

mani.jpg

ps - i'll be using a Bosch 044 in-line too.

wolfsburg-motor

Thanks for the reply mate, I know what size I need, sorry, ive not worded it very well!

I was wondering if anyone knows if there's a set of 750cc+ injectors (any impedence - most likely low at that flow rate), that have the dual cone spray pattern, that either fit directly or with spacers into the ABF rail/manifold as im using the lower half? If there are some but they dont fit the ABF rail then I can make my own rail to fit if necessary.

My engine is running me into thousands so correct atomisation is paramount, if there aren't any large twinnies then i'll use the 8 Delphi 430's I have, it just means more expense, which I was hoping to avoid! The Genesis ones are modded to the pattern im after but they go to 550cc (I believe they are working on a 689cc or so, set at the mo using modified Siemens units), just wondering if anyone else makes some big uns?

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
make your own fuel rail, the ABF one is shocking for modification.

Bahn Brenner etc all make suitable Fuel rails

wolfsburg-motor

I ran 750cc genesys @ 4bar for my >500bhp power

I've been looking at those but worried high imp/flow and single cone may be a bit crap at idle/low end, its for a road car too so low ends' important. I know the Badgerwagon's a race car but whats it like at low-end/daily driving on that set-up, or have u never driven it on the road?

I think it may have to be a twin rail set-up for decent driving characteristics, can't find what I need anywhere, guess its gonna be a quiet Christmas in then!

Mork - thanks for that mate, ive ended up ripping the rail in half now, couldn't get a bolt out! I'm after using the BBM serial killa exh mani/dp and MBG so might get one, er two, at the same time, Ross Machine Racing have started to do DIY parts though so toss up between them 2 methinks.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
I was the same with my ABF fuel rail(s) - the middle nut just won't shift.

BBM/Ross Racing - all much of a muchness, just a case of mitigating the shipping costs

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
I was the same with my ABF fuel rail(s) - the middle nut just won't shift.

BBM/Ross Racing - all much of a muchness, just a case of mitigating the shipping costs

wolfsburg-motor

Cheers Mork - General concensus on Vortex is the RMR one's are better quality. One of my Canadian suppliers is getting me a batch of Genesis injectors and Eliminator kits now so i'll ask him to get me a couple of parts whilst he's at it, works out cheaper than through the US. :funk:

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
I've been looking at those but worried high imp/flow and single cone may be a bit crap at idle/low end, its for a road car too so low ends' important. I know the Badgerwagon's a race car but whats it like at low-end/daily driving on that set-up, or have u never driven it on the road?

I think it may have to be a twin rail set-up for decent driving characteristics, can't find what I need anywhere, guess its gonna be a quiet Christmas in then!

Mork - thanks for that mate, ive ended up ripping the rail in half now, couldn't get a bolt out! I'm after using the BBM serial killa exh mani/dp and MBG so might get one, er two, at the same time, Ross Machine Racing have started to do DIY parts though so toss up between them 2 methinks.

it was perfect in all conditions with them.
they were not single cone they are 3 cone.

faultless injectors.

wolfsburg-motor

That's good to know, we are talking about the same ones aren't we? It just says single cone on the site, is it 3 small sprays to achieve a wide single cone? http://www.usrallyteam.com/index.ph... your responses, peeps, appreciated :thumbup:

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.