Auto Meter Wide Band & EGT gauges

pj1985

1.8T Power
Oct 31, 2006
Hampshire/Surrey
Not used or seen so can comment personally but was told that the AFR gauges with coloured led bars are very poor but that one does have a read out aswell so might be ok. Functions seem ok but just depends how accurate it is I suppose.

Not keen on the look of the EGT gauge. Personal preference I suppose but I would much rather have a read out that a dial.

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
What sort of prices are you gettin with the wideband lambda?

I need to get a AFR gauge, was looking at Innovate ones so i can data log with it.

cuprabaz

Racing 2020VT
Jun 22, 2004
Aberdeenshire

I need to get a AFR gauge, was looking at Innovate ones so i can data log with it.

For the AFR alone would be £183 delivered but for both would be £266 delivered. They also said it would be marked up favourably for customs etc.;)

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk

Innovate sux to me as you have to calibrate them which is pointless and not required on other widebands.

zeitronix logs as does VEMs I believe

phil_m

Nov 30, 2005
Suffolk
Innovate sux to me as you have to calibrate them which is pointless and not required on other widebands.

zeitronix logs as does VEMs I believe

Yes agreed Bill, mine looses its calibration about every 2 weeks and you have to take the Lambda sensor out every time to recalibrate.

Backdraft

See - Vems Offer

You get a wideband lambda and egt sensor with the kit. You can use the wideband instead of your narrowband. I use the original narowband for the cars ecu and the wideband for the gauge. Just weld an extra boss in the downpipe.

pj1985

1.8T Power
Oct 31, 2006
Hampshire/Surrey
What he said. I had an extra boss put in the dp for the wideband lambda and run both my narrowband lambdas. EGT boss welded into very top of the dp.

cuprabaz

Racing 2020VT
Jun 22, 2004
Aberdeenshire
decisions decisions:headhurt:

I've got another thing bugging me, I've got a double a-pillar at the moment and one of the gauges is a narrow band AFR(autometer) so i could easily replace that with the VEMS or Zeitronics BUT I'm going to be fitting a cage. If i don't have the clearance to keep the pillar I'll go for the two Autometers and stick them along with the boost gauge in the centre where the heaters vents are currently.

Can any of you guys tell me if i'll be able to keep the pillar pod with a cage or will it depend on which cage i go for?

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
it will depend on the cage. if a seat sport (custom cages bolt in like the rockingham cars) then single pod should fit as the cage did'nt go down that close to the dash.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members