Wierd elecrical problem - alarm

TSL 333

Company car arrived so selling up!
May 13, 2008
Glasgow
My alarm went off at 2am last night for no apparent reason. Today I noticed an intermittently and partially illuminated red boot warning sign. When I put my side lights on, the above warning light went out.....

I called W Livingstone and they are checking it out tomorrow for a door locking control system. Does this sound about right? Anyone else had similair problems?

Warranty work anyway (just!!)

Cammage

Turbo Time...
Oct 16, 2007
Leeds
When u open your boot, to left hand side where the boot light is, there are electrical connections (main wires for alarm/rear lights etc) all running alongside the water pipe for your rear wash wipe....and to add to that theres an elbow directly above the connections....so a crappy piece of plastic elbow with water in it and electrics.....? ur problem is there. I can safely say this as its what happened to me, the elbow came apart and soaked the connections.

Chris

TSL 333

May 13, 2008
Glasgow
Nice one mate. The car is booked in for Monday for this to get sorted but now that you mention water, I have noticed that the pressure in the rear wash wipe has reduced to c50% which would certainly explain alot...

Cammage

Turbo Time...
Oct 16, 2007
Leeds
ye, thats the one. When u've been "squirting" its 50% on window 50% on electrics. One thing i suggest is to get them either to glue the joint together or replace it with a straight unbroken piece so it doesnt happen again. Hope this helps and u get it sorted :rolleyes:

TSL 333

May 13, 2008
Glasgow
ye, thats the one. When u've been "squirting" its 50% on window 50% on electrics. One thing i suggest is to get them either to glue the joint together or replace it with a straight unbroken piece so it doesnt happen again. Hope this helps and u get it sorted :rolleyes:

Many thanks my good man!!

One thing though, you mention 'Where the boot light is.' Do you mean where the reverse lights are? I say this as it would not make sense for the water hose to go via the boot light.?

Cammage

Turbo Time...
Oct 16, 2007
Leeds
I mean behind the panel that the boot light is located in, when u open your boot to the left hand side. That whole panel comes off and u can gain access to wires and washer pipe.

TSL 333

May 13, 2008
Glasgow
I mean behind the panel that the boot light is located in, when u open your boot to the left hand side. That whole panel comes off and u can gain access to wires and washer pipe.

Cheers mate, will have a butchers tomorrow....:clap:

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.