Cupra Ross

Breaks things............
May 15, 2005
Edinburgh, Scotland
Hello all, and long time no see!

Its been a while since I've owned a Leon so I haven't been around much. I picked this beauty up today and fell in love with the 20VT Leon all over again :D

IMG_0715.jpg

05 April 09: N249 Bypass done, see post 60 here: http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=195511&page=3

06 April 09: Milltek downpipe and sports cat with non resonated centre section and twin jet rear section fitted.

08 April 09: Split Breather Hose on underside of intake manifold replaced: http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?p=2381250

08 April 09: Boot lid De/Re-Badged, see post 26 here: http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=204527&page=2

Last edited:

Cupra Ross

May 15, 2005
Edinburgh, Scotland
I'm afraid that apart from a lengthy interior and exterior clean today, I can't really take much credit for the car. Its all Will's work at this stage. I'll do some more photos shortly. I love the wheels but I'm thinking of ditching the Weitec coilovers and going for Koni FSD shocks and Eibach springs.

Here is Will's thread showing the cars progression from standard to what it is now:

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=127359

Cupra Ross

May 15, 2005
Edinburgh, Scotland
Thanks for the kind words Dave, I'm hoping to bring her to a new level during my period of ownership.

I completed a full extended service today and replaced the coolant header tank whilst I was at it. Followed this up with a thorough wash, cleaned the wheels with Bilberry wheel cleaner and dried the whole car off with my Poorboys waffle weave towel. She's looking 100% better for it and is driving great too.

I'm used to the coilovers now. I think they're superb so they'll be staying. I'm going to fit some uprated Anti roll bars and an exhaust and sports cat then I'll think about getting the engine bay semi detailed.

The finishing touch for today was a SeatCupra.net etched effect sticker in the rear window next to my Jabba Sport sticker. I'll get some new photos posted soon.................

Last edited:

Cupra Ross

May 15, 2005
Edinburgh, Scotland
I managed to take a few shots of the fruits of yesterday's labours this morning. I apologise for the light but it was just starting to snow, don't you just love it here in the frozen north!

Firstly, a photo of her lowly beginnings:

P6190011-1.jpg

The remainder were taken this morning:

DSCF2203.jpg

DSCF2198.jpg

DSCF2208.jpg

DSCF2200.jpg

DSCF2201.jpg

DSCF2204.jpg

More pics will be posted as things progress. Hope you like.

Cupra Ross

May 15, 2005
Edinburgh, Scotland
Thanks for the kind words guys, I have lots planned for the car but time and money do not always cooperate. She's sitting tucked up in the garage after a good clean and thorough drying to remove all the sh*t and salt that had attached itself over the last couple of weeks of snow and ice. Bilberry safe wheel cleaner seems to work wonders on my wheels, they come up like new every time.

modd1uk

Feb 2, 2009
What alloys are those ? Look fricken sweet !

EDIT :: Just seen your signature, says Audi TT QSport 18s, were they a straight bolt on ? Look ace tho !

Cupra Ross

May 15, 2005
Edinburgh, Scotland
Got to agree with Clone about that rear end! [B)] Looks awesome!

Rear end was my favourite bit of styling on the Mark 1 Leon, I think they're beatifully designed cars, easily the best of the Mk4 platform.

What alloys are those ? Look fricken sweet !

EDIT :: Just seen your signature, says Audi TT QSport 18s, were they a straight bolt on ? Look ace tho !

TT Quattro Sport 18s mate. PCD is the same but offset is different so you need spacers to avoid arch rub. They were Will's choice but I'd have chosen the same wheels ;) I think they go well on a Yellow Leon.

R69

Nov 18, 2008
West Midlands
Rear end was my favourite bit of styling on the Mark 1 Leon, I think they're beatifully designed cars, easily the best of the Mk4 platform.

Me too - always reminds me of the old Alfasud & remember loving it when it first came out (the Leon NOT the Alfasud)!

Great looking car - credit to previous owner as you said, but look forward to seeing what you do with it to make it your own! :D

diss_50

MK4 IBIZA CUPRA
Aug 21, 2007
Lovely fella. I like when the Cupra owners keep the original bumpers and dont change to the LCR bumper. All the standard Cupra needs is lowered and wheels and its sorted. Car looks awesome ;)

bagslife86

best cupra iv ever seen mate!! mine will be looking the same + LCR splitter wen im done. quality!! how low wud u say it is, 50mm??

Cupra Ross

May 15, 2005
Edinburgh, Scotland
Well, it was off down to Awesome GTi today to have my Milltek turbo back exhaust fitted. Really impressed with the exhaust and the service from Awesome.

I also learned, purely by accident whilst in Tesco's car park having a quick sandwich before my appointment at Awesome, that the Audi TT QS wheels I have are different offsets between front and rear. People have been commenting about how nicely the rear wheels sit in the arches and now I know why. By design, the TT Quattro Sport has a wider rear track, hence the lower offset on the wheels.

Had a cracking drive back up the M62 and M1 to get home from Manchester with the back windows open a touch to get the lovely sound from the Milltek.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise