Which offset to suit Cupra without fouling arches or brakes? (Pro Race 1.2's)

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Any suggestions? I dont want any issues with wheel arches scuffing, but a bit more of a wide stance, at the rear especially, would be welcome. Also needs to clear the front brakes without any issues.

Hoping to have them for the 1/4 mile on 8th March so quick advice needed if poss!

Ta,

Horace

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
I think the you will need the highest ET, 45 or 50 I think?

My seat sport wheels are ET54.

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Will 45's clear the front arches Dan? Really dont want any issues with wheel arches rubbing but I am aware that the brake size is also an issue.

Might try for 235 tyres rather than 225's too.

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Aye, the lower the number the more they stick out.

I believe 45's may work, but I dont want to take any chances and I dont know of anyone else with these wheels on the MK2 Leon yet either unless Revos car has them?

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
yes revo martyn car has them, good point.

I PM'd him to ask...

Last edited:

cfcmick

Nov 11, 2006
Essex Boy
Don't forget it's not just the ET that contributes to the overall fitment.
The actual style of the wheel makes a difference too.

After recommendation and assurance from a well known alloy seller, I tried some deep dish Inovit DTM's on my K1 and there was no way they were gonna fit.
These were 18x8 with an ET of 42.
They fouled the caliper and stuck out from the arches by a good 15mm :(

cfcmick

Nov 11, 2006
Essex Boy
Just had a look here actually...

Team Dynamics

I would say the 18x8 ET50 would be best suited for you.
As they are 8" wide you gain an extra 12mm in overall track width anyway.
Standard ET is 51 so an overall gain of 11mm per corner.

I have exactly the same dimensions on my alloys and there is no issues for me with the car having been dropped about 60mm.

I'm even considering adding 5mm spacers to the rear axle to fill out the rear arches a little more :confused:

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
My BBS CK 19's are 44's and they sit flush under the arch, but the calipers fit behind no trouble. However I think the wheel is of the right style that it works on the Cupra. Some other makes of wheel may not work at that offset.

main.php

I'd try and source the higher offset if possible.

Al

Aug 29, 2005
TD say 8 x 18 with ET of 40 will clear the arches and calipers, but I will be finding out tomorrow what Revos car fitment as because they dont know themselves :lol:

Getting a deal on them though - £464 delivered inc VAT :)

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
TD say 8 x 18 with ET of 40 will clear the arches and calipers, but I will be finding out tomorrow what Revos car fitment as because they dont know themselves :lol:

Getting a deal on them though - £464 delivered inc VAT :)

That's a steal!!!! Not that i'm biased or anything, i love my TD wheels - strong, lightt and seem to be brake dust and corrosion proof with the powdercoating!

Al

Aug 29, 2005
I am sure myself and the other forum member who is takng the plunge will be saying the same good things within a couple of weeks :)

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Good price might consider looking at a set of 18's for mine to do track days etc instead of the BBS rims which are more showy really.

Let me know then Mark. Ordering 2 sets tomorrow. Might get another bit of discount for 3 ;). Failing that I can text or PM you the detail.

13snc

13SoNotCool
Jan 8, 2008
Croatia
www.seatclubcroatia.com
Don't forget it's not just the ET that contributes to the overall fitment.
The actual style of the wheel makes a difference too.

After recommendation and assurance from a well known alloy seller, I tried some deep dish Inovit DTM's on my K1 and there was no way they were gonna fit.
These were 18x8 with an ET of 42.
They fouled the caliper and stuck out from the arches by a good 15mm :(

damn!

I was looking to buy these wheels...
So they would fit standard 2.0 TDI calipers but Cupra not? that was my next mod.. big brake 312 from cupra...
are they come in 7,5x18 et42??

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.