R69's LCR 225 Platinum Grey (UPDATED 30/03/09)

R69

Nov 18, 2008
West Midlands
Hello ALL! :D

I've been wanting to start a Readers Ride thread since I got my car back in November but thought it a bit premature!

I'm planning mods for the coming months as funds permit, so thought it was a good excuse to at last get a thread started. :funk:

There's not many pics just yet so bear with me on that one... :blink:
I'll keep this thread regularly updated as mods or new pics come along...or even just when I fancy it!

I've learnt a lot about my car from this forum so thanks to anyone who has ever posted useful information - it's VERY much appreciated :clap:

So anyway, it's a Leon Cupra R 225 in Platinum Grey.

IMG_0942-2.jpg

So far I have replaced the front wipers with some aero/flat blades...

DSC00585.jpg

I've also done a Fabia rear wiper conversion & purchased a CG Lock (which I first heard of on SCN!).
I have to say I'm very impressed with the CG Lock & would recommend it to anyone.
You don't have to be on track or drive at 10-10ths to appreciate it - it's awesome just on roundabouts! :happy:

So anyway, I hope you like my car, thanks for taking the time to look/read & watch this spce for future mods & pics!

Thanks guys n gals! ;)

Last edited:

R69

Nov 18, 2008
West Midlands
Thanks guys - three hits already - I'm well chuffed & flattered too!

Red car is a VX220 (bonus point to daboy3000) - I love 'em!
Was gonna be my next car but circumstances changed & so instead went for something I've always admired & wanted....yep, the LCR!

Thanks guys I'll keep the pics & mods coming as soon as I can!

:):):)

R69

Nov 18, 2008
West Midlands
Debadged

Finally got round to debadging the LEON lettering from the rear today - much prefer it without.

1. Just pour on hot water from a kettle one letter at a time, then use some dental floss to easily remove. Repeat for each letter!
2. Gunk left behind - yikes!
3. Again one letter at a time again, pour on hot water from kettle, then peel off residue, I just used the edge of my nail!
4. Get the wax out!
5. Stand back & admire your 10min mod!

DSC00599_3.jpg

R69

Nov 18, 2008
West Midlands
2 random pics of my car - I love this thing, best car I've EVER had! :happy:
EDIT: wheels will be powder coated black one day after performance mods completed!

DSC00600_2.jpg

DSC00601.jpg

Last edited:

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Looks spot on mate! i want a LCR225 and thats the colour i want

personally i wud remove the Cupra badge aswell go for total clean look

CupraString

Jul 29, 2008
West Mids
My Fabia rear wiper conversion!

DSC00603.jpg

If you dont mind me asking where did you get your rear wiper parts from and how much?also when you changed the front wipers did the blades just clip into original arms?
I need to change mine im sick of looking through scoffolding wipers!

Last edited:

R69

Nov 18, 2008
West Midlands
If you dont mind me asking where did you get your rear wiper parts from and how much?also when you changed the front wipers did the blades just clip into original arms?
I need to change mine im sick of looking through scoffolding wipers!

I got it from eBay for £23 delivered, but just checked & he hasn't got any at the moment. He normaly lists about 10 or so at a time.
Just paste this... "SKODA FABIA REAR WIPER ARM SEAT LEON CONVERSION KIT" into the search on ebay then look at completed listings, then save the search or just check every few days...

Cheaper to go to Skoda dealers though & get them from there, around £16.

Fronts are from ebay too, yeah they just clip into the standard arms. For a better look you could try a Golf MkIV wiper conversion but this is around £80 I think from VW dealers. I'll be getting some of these eventually but at the moment would rather put that money to other mods I have planned. Fronts were around £11.

Hope that helps :)

R69

Nov 18, 2008
West Midlands
Looks spot on mate! i want a LCR225 and thats the colour i want

personally i wud remove the Cupra badge aswell go for total clean look

Yeah I'm still undecided about that one. All 3 R badges are looking a little corroded so may just remove/change them. Thanks for the comments.

looking good buddy, these are damn fine cars.

Cheers fella - a compliment indeed after having seen how nice your car is on here! It is yours that's got the Defi gauges right? Want them but way too expensive! Look good though buddy!

Nice Car, Best Colour Im all for Subtle Mods

Cheers, I'm not too keen on bling either, have plenty of ideas for subtle mods so watch this space!

Looks nice, top colour too.

Why thank you very much!

Thank you all for the comments - I love this site but spend FAR too much time browsing/searching ...then spending!!! :D

CupraR_Lad

Jul 9, 2007
Herefordshire
Awesome looking car mate,and as everyone says best colour,really clean in some of them pictures! :p

Have you got any other plans to come,boot looks ace as well! :D
Maybe we can share some ideas.

R69

Nov 18, 2008
West Midlands
Awesome looking car mate,and as everyone says best colour,really clean in some of them pictures! :p
Have you got any other plans to come,boot looks ace as well! :D
Maybe we can share some ideas.

Cheers fella, yeah loads mods to come but it's just a case of as funds allow.
I'm planning on doing at least one performance related thing a month if I get enough overtime - & other little bits & bobs at the weekends, like the debadge. ;)

looking good mate, are your coming to rolling road day? will have to see it then,

Yes I'll be there & am VERY excited by it - my 1st EVER RR! It's just standard tune now, so it'll give me a good idea of how effective the mods are after they're all done. :D
Looking forward to meeting everyone at the RR day, should be a laugh.

looking good buddy

Cheers buddy, I'm a big fan of your motor, looks sweet in EVERY pic! [B)]

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.