Glovebox Light Leon Mk II....Anyone fitted one

DJHotspur

i don't think they realise that their customers exist sometimes, its like trying to get blood from a stone when getting info from them!

DJHotspur

I'm not sure where the switch is, i will have a poke around and let you know.

Rob GTI

Oct 28, 2004
South Wales
logged a call with SEAT UK who say there is no such thing as a glovebox lamp. I requested that they email Spain so DJHotspur can have his lamp replaced :whistle:
see what happens next . . . . .

I'm glad we've got David as our inside man on this, I can't imagine me getting anywhere with this if I turned up at my local parts dept saying I wanted a gloveobox light based on soemthing I've read on the internet!

Carr20vt

Dec 18, 2003
South Wales
Visit site
I'm glad we've got David as our inside man on this, I can't imagine me getting anywhere with this if I turned up at my local parts dept saying I wanted a gloveobox light based on soemthing I've read on the internet!

Def good to have David.
My local dealer told me there were no black center caps, no alu kit and no armrest. Even had trouble yrs back with bonnet seal and dust caps i had to tell them they did exist!!

Rampage

Trainee Northener
May 24, 2003
Stockport Seat told me the biggest engine in the Leon was 1.6. 2 Days later I test drove the 2.0T Sport at a different dealer. The so called "1.6" in the showroom at Stockport also turned out to be a 2.0T Sport!

Rob GTI

Oct 28, 2004
South Wales

Anyone speak German. Although looking at it it seems they are using Altea parts and it lists part numbers on the first page.

David do these part numbers copied from the link mean anything?

N 017 7532 (0,86€) Bulb
3B0 947 415 B (8,21€) Lamp holder
893 971 632 (1,85) ?
000 979 133 (1,55€) Switch
1J0 947 561 C (3,93€) ?
1H0 973 121 C (1,85€) ?
000 979 131 (1,55€) Other switch

DJHotspur

Where the switch to turn it on/off when opening the glove box?

I've had a poke around and without pulling the glovebox apart i don't think i'll be able to find where it is located, there is a blanking plate that looks like where a switch would be located but there is nothing there or behind it.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise