best straight swap rear brake upgrade

james walker

cooling is the key people
May 24, 2007
retford notts
as in title, whats the best options to upgrade rears on leon cupra, to get rid of the teacup discs.

got my 996 fronts on which look mint, and the rears look pap!!!

i want them to look good and improve braking further...

price, options etc, all advice taken

cheers:D

speedinsaxo

Jun 7, 2003
Visit site
ECS two piece 308mm setup.
Just under £500 I believe for discs, caliper spacers and bolts.
Improved looks and braking.

You need to retain the stock caliper (or at least one with a handbrake cable) so just fitting bigger porsche items is not that easy...

james walker

cooling is the key people
May 24, 2007
retford notts
ha ha, bigger rears than the fronts, now that would be fun....

was thinking more along the lines of a 256mm setup.... whats all needed for this?

Witalik

ROTTERDAM FEYENOORD
Dec 28, 2008
Netherlands
is the cupra r standard rear brakes 256mm ?

they look really small i think on my cupra r. in comparison with the from brembos, so maybe u should look further for some slightly bigger ?

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
big rears on a fwd to me does sound a bit OTT, as the rear end will already be braked adequately on 256mm vented rears... 4WD A3 quattro, S3 etc would likely benefit more as they are heavier rear ended.

I know on my race ibiza, I run stock rear 232mm non vented rears on stock pagid pads, and still wind off the rear brake bias as they brake too much.

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
big rears on a fwd to me does sound a bit OTT, as the rear end will already be braked adequately on 256mm vented rears... 4WD A3 quattro, S3 etc would likely benefit more as they are heavier rear ended.

I know on my race ibiza, I run stock rear 232mm non vented rears on stock pagid pads, and still wind off the rear brake bias as they brake too much.
Your not going to sell many 330mm rear kits saying this, lol
what about a 2 piece 256mm x 22mm bell/rotor

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Your not going to sell many 330mm rear kits saying this, lol
what about a 2 piece 256mm x 22mm bell/rotor

I am not a salesman.
no rotors available in that small a size..
go LCR rears if you want a bit bigger and vented imho

supersize rears on a fwd is not something I would want to leap too untried.
Anyone want to be a guinee pig?

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
I will volunteer myself as the guinea pig for some big rears but need to buy a couple of tyres and do the front brakes first too, they have pretty much had it.
You will probably be getting a phone call off me soon Bill as well to upgrade to the 2 piece front setup, as i would like to start doing some track days this year

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.