Cracked windscreen , How much ?

rosscopecotrain

Aug 5, 2008
Chepstow
Stupidly parked my car in front of a football pitch this afternoon . A certain donkey on my side missed the goals by a mile and managed to smash my windscreen !

Any ideas how much it is likely to set me back ? I checked with my insurers they say i'm not covered which i wasn't happy about [:@]

1L19

Sep 1, 2008
Barnstaple
Had mine done with Autoglass last Thursday, did a good job.
Cost me £75 which was with my insurer but I've heard it's around £300 odd

jordyboy004

Leon Cupra 1.8t 20v
Apr 4, 2008
Isle Of Wight
had autoglass do mine about 6 months ago, i knew the guy who fitted it so got it abit cheaper. cost me £250 all in. you might need to replace the moisture sensor by the rear view mirror. the guy said they can be a pain in the ass to get off and can be damaged. so that might be an extra cost for you too

rosscopecotrain

Aug 5, 2008
Chepstow
We were only having a friendly kick about . really it was my fault , the place was full of cars and by the pitch was the only place i could find .

Not liking the sounds of the £300 ! we use a company in work , i know they replaced one of our lorry windows for around £200 and also dont a 2008 passat cheap as well so i'm hoping they could be the ones to go for - Dragon windscreens in barry if anyone is interested . i'll give them a call tomorrow

Richie-LCR

Jan 25, 2009
ayrshire
Ah right I thought you were meaning a Sunday leauge team or something, bet you won't park your car there again, unlucky mate

rosscopecotrain

Aug 5, 2008
Chepstow
Ah right I thought you were meaning a Sunday leauge team or something, bet you won't park your car there again, unlucky mate

Sure wont ! the joys of living near a tourist attraction (tintern abbey) on a bank holiday Crammed full of tourists stealing my parking spaces [:@]

Cheers guys

turboboy

Limp Mode Squad ™
Dec 9, 2003
hants
had autoglass do mine about 6 months ago, i knew the guy who fitted it so got it abit cheaper. cost me £250 all in. you might need to replace the moisture sensor by the rear view mirror. the guy said they can be a pain in the ass to get off and can be damaged. so that might be an extra cost for you too

i work for autoglass, surely your mate could of done a private job for you! glass would of cost 80quid 30quid for him to do it!!!! sounds like you got stung!

if you lived anywere near me id say id do it for you!

my advice is go to autoglass and talk to a fitter and ask if he does private jobs! look to pay between 130/160quid! hope you get sorted

richellis

Feb 29, 2008
Cannock
:censored:autoglass, what a bunch of wasters:censored:
They did the screen in mine last week, and didnt clip the scuttle panel back in, didnt reconect the washers, broke all the clips that held the trims on the A piller on, and pushed it in to some blobs of sealer.
Anyway back to topic...

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.