My Leon Progress, Air ride, smoothed, NEW winter wheels MAM MT1's MEAN!!! PG16

nick_c_1986

kaizer is in the making
Sep 17, 2005
bmouth
Hi guys, been around and off and on with the show scene over the past three years when i brough my seat, i did originally want an LCR but insurance costs were insane at 19 so went for the 130bhp diesel.

This was her soon after i brought her with a few little mods.

DSC01949.jpg

DSC01954.jpg

Over the past three years i have transformed the leon totally! These are some of the best pics i have so far, sadly the merc rims had to go as 3 cracked and all four twisted, they were genuine original rh toplines 3 piece, were the perfect wheels for me but too soft and didnt take the abuse of my local roads as its my daily drive.

To list the mods i've done with more in the pipeline.

Full Electric Leather interior.
Debadged
Complete genuine LCR kit,
Smoothing work all over, sideskirts, rear bumper and side strips and boot.
Full Air ride setup now with dakota digital guages mounted where the asstray used to be.
Mk5 gti rims, soon to be changed in next couple of wheels.
Shark fin ariel
Centre arm rest.
Fabia Rear wiper.
Bosch aerotwin aero front wipers.

100_0926.jpg

100_0909.jpg

100_0919.jpg

Currently on these wheels but soon to change.

100_0851.jpg

100_0848.jpg

100_0878.jpg

100_0875.jpg

100_0860.jpg

On the list next to do is

Front and Rear ARBs (front currenly rubs the drive shaft when driving low)
Plastic weld in my digital guages to smooth them into the dash better.
Fitting some new wheels in next week or so. So the gti mk5's will be up for sale.
New stereo required so i can run the ipod.

Ino air ride isnt to everyones taste but think its a first on a uk leon. Its my daily drive so was the perfect option for me. enjoy and let me know what ya think.

Last edited:

nick_c_1986

kaizer is in the making
Sep 17, 2005
bmouth
Been busy this evening moving my dash around as i wasnt happy with the set up i had, was running mechanical guages which were difficult to read, so i imported some digital guages from the USA. I removed the ashtray etc which is normally situated below the air con and formed a piece of PP plastic for fitting my guages in, pretty happy with the result. I moved the 12v supply onto the side of the dash.

100_0582.jpg

100_0581.jpg

100_0583.jpg

my new boot release button for the smoothed tailgate.

100_0584.jpg

Last edited:

1.9...stefan

HYBRID???
Aug 21, 2008
grimsby
gorgeous mate,,, paintwork and smothing is immaculate... i think theres a couple now on air but this one does it for me :drool:

what height do you drive it at?

cheers

RickC

BUILT NOT BOUGHT
Dec 23, 2004
Lincoln
amazing transformation from what it started out like,

looking forward to the new rims as im not a fan of the mk5s.

nick_c_1986

kaizer is in the making
Sep 17, 2005
bmouth
I drive it as low as possible. I currently cant drive it any lower as i catch the drive shafts on the drop links when cornering, the tyre is level with the arch if that makes sense, will get up some photos of my driving ride height, just as low as coilovers! I'm just saving for a new ARB for the front which will have a large loop to clear the driveshafts with lots of clearance so i can drive it lower!

nick_c_1986

kaizer is in the making
Sep 17, 2005
bmouth
amazing transformation from what it started out like,

looking forward to the new rims as im not a fan of the mk5s.

to be honest i'm happy with them but not loving them at all. I adored my merc rims! but hey ho on with new things.

Just waiting on a phone call for the new rims this week. 18 by 8 bbs ch's matt black with red pin strip. I've ordered some 10mm hub accentric spacers to try. Wanna get them spot on hopefully, they've got an ET35 to start with.

nick_c_1986

kaizer is in the making
Sep 17, 2005
bmouth
Hey guys i've got my new wheels ready now for the leon but not sure on what tyre size to go for??

they;re 18 by 8's

Do i go for what i have on the mk5 gti rims 225/40/18

or do i go for something with a lil stretch so i can run a 10 mm spacer.

The new wheels are ET35 so maybe thinking

215/35/18??

RickC

BUILT NOT BOUGHT
Dec 23, 2004
Lincoln
im running 215 35 s on the front of mine and theres not that much stretch but its noticable, wouldnt go for any wider though.

nick_c_1986

kaizer is in the making
Sep 17, 2005
bmouth
cool beans, mine are 18's but the 35 should see me a touch lower :)

What tyres are you using, i was using the toyo proxes T1R but found them pretty soft.

dfullb

Apr 7, 2009
The Golf Gti Style wheels look much better, I just can't get to grips with the stretched Euro look, Always make me think the Wheel trims are about to pop off ...

V Nice otherwise :thumbup:

Dean

nick_c_1986

kaizer is in the making
Sep 17, 2005
bmouth
What a transformation! I've always fancied the air suspension - how adjustable is it?

Thanks. Its completely adjustable from zero ground clearance with the sub frame literally on the floor! the engine note actually changes a touch when you completely drop it. With it fully up theres about 4-5 inches between the tyre and the arch.

Mat

looking pretty smart TBH! when i read title I half expected some chavvy, gash looking thing. But it really does look ok :D

nick_c_1986

kaizer is in the making
Sep 17, 2005
bmouth
looking pretty smart TBH! when i read title I half expected some chavvy, gash looking thing. But it really does look ok :D

Nothing chavy about it mate lol. just a practical daily drive!

Low and wide all the time!

New wheels are on there way begginning of next week.

A quick photoshop a friend did for me.

nickblkbbs.jpg

What ya reckon??

AdamRoutley

Use The Force!!
Feb 22, 2007
Walsall
www.myspace.com
i think in reality, it'll look a LOT better as that chop is poo :lol: loved the merc rims!! and as for the stretch on the tyres! doo ittt!, you know it makes sense, wider the better :D

Apr 12, 2008
Hey mate thats looing awsome these days! shame you got rid of the RH's. Have you considered going onto Merc Alphards??? (sp)

And yes, after i did lots and lots of research, im 95% that you were the first leon in the UK on air. And im pretty sure im the second.

cuprachrissy

i think it looks schweeeeeeeet! however..... i do think it still looks better on the mercs, just has that more "euro" stance you are looking for with smoothed bumpers/boot, air ride etc. dont get me wrong the bbs' look ace but not euro enough for your car. your car is screaming and crying out for dish action.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.