main.php

SEAT Sport calipers.

main.php

andyb

Admin -SCN Canada:)
Aug 29, 2001
Vancouver
www.andyblackmoredesign.com
I really like it, and I have said that about an Ibiza in 2 generations...

However, look at the CG renders (looks like they were done in Hypershot) from the original press release. The Blackpanel is almost Satin in appearance. Now look at the motoshow images and the black panel is the high gloss black.

I prefer the Satin look, it blends in with the grille better don't you think?

Will be on Speedhunters shortly :)

Moley RUFC

Up in the Lickeys........
Nov 20, 2006
Lickey,Worcs
So to understand Seat's plan (if there is one). Am I right in thinking the Bocanegra hasn't been designed just for the Ibiza it will be the top line model in each car catorgorie? Seat Exeo Bocanegra, Seat Leon Bocanegra, etc? And all will feature the distinctive looks?

The reason I ask is who would buy a Seat Ibiza Cupra when you could have the same engine and better looks with this? The same goes with the new Leon Cupra. As the Ibiza Bocanegra also features more sedate engines, again who is going to buy a 3dr Ibiza Sport/FR when they could have the same engine but improved looks?

:confused:

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
So to understand Seat's plan (if there is one). Am I right in thinking the Bocanegra hasn't been designed just for the Ibiza it will be the top line model in each car catorgorie? Seat Exeo Bocanegra, Seat Leon Bocanegra, etc? And all will feature the distinctive looks?

Just a theory at this stage, SEAT have made no formal indication of where they are going with the Bocanegra brand other than this new Ibiza. But it could be a possible means to introduce a new range topper in the other segments.

Leon Bocanegra would be my expectation if they do go down that route. I can't see the Exeo being developed into an FR or Cupra at the moment they will be testing the water with the current offerings and the forthcoming Exeo ST (estate).

The reason I ask is who would buy a Seat Ibiza Cupra when you could have the same engine and better looks with this? The same goes with the new Leon Cupra. As the Ibiza Bocanegra also features more sedate engines, again who is going to buy a 3dr Ibiza Sport/FR when they could have the same engine but improved looks?

Choice and cost no doubt, not everyone will like the styling (though I think the majority might) the Cupra will not carry the premium of the Bocanegra. I've already spotted that the Bocanegra has SEAT Sport calipers (possibly 4 pot) fitted to it. The Cupra however does not appear to have them.

knight85

Money spending clown
Dec 30, 2008
South East
amazing...the front end looks so mean...ill be very interested as to where the brand goes with this....like soemone mentioned will it replace something? or be an addition>?

jamiebennett81

I am guessing this could be the next Ibiza Cupra or "R" version, judging by Mark's well spotted B logo on the gauges which looks the the R logo

also what engines are coming for this? the new 2.0TFSI?

FSiLeonMike

Barmy Army Reservist (TA)
Apr 26, 2007
Bury St Edmunds/Stowmarket-ish
I am guessing this could be the next Ibiza Cupra or "R" version, judging by Mark's well spotted B logo on the gauges which looks the the R logo

also what engines are coming for this? the new 2.0TFSI?

I heard the Ibiza Cupra would have the 1.4TSI (with the twin turbo 170ps, as in the VW Golf Sport)

SEAT are still wheeling the 1.8 Turbo out on the continent in certain models (think its still available here in the Altea, so thats an option too, at maybe a few more horses than the 1.4TSI)

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise