Platinum Grey Leon FR TDI Hybrid - The End!

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Wingnut Mod #Update
-----

Whilst I was at AmD today waiting for my "final" remap, I decided to work on the wingnut mod (EGR) and make use of the tools they had there. Here is how it looks so far.

Gutted out the plunger and smoothed.
wingnut1.jpg

Made a blanking plate
wingnut2.jpg

wingnut3.jpg

wingnut4.jpg

wingnut5.jpg

Finished article
wingnut6.jpg

Autodim mirror and Cruise Control finished
-----

Both are now working and both had same problem - no power. Turns out the adapters purchased from Halfords don't work so some more soldering had to be done. Big thank you to Kenny@ for multimetering everything for me!

The Autodim works well and I actually prefer the black rear view mirror and the greenish tint it has over the OE one. It feels nice and solid in typical Audi fashion. I haven't tried it at night yet but I am sure it will do the job.

Autodim.jpg

Cruise control takes some getting use to especially as the car applies gas and coasts to maintain speed. I am sure on a long motorway run it will saves the pennies!

CruiseControl.jpg

AmD Stage 3 Remap
-----

Final remap went on today. I am pleased to say the car feels very powerful and torquey. The final map isn't as smokey as before so much more pleasant for road users. The best thing is there is power from 2.5k to 5k so using the full rev range really makes the car much more enjoyable to drive fast.

Last edited:

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
Final remap went on today. I am pleased to say the car feels very powerful and torquey. The final map isn't as smokey as before so much more pleasant for road users. The best thing is there is power from 2.5k to 5k so using the full rev range really makes the car much more enjoyable to drive fast.

Any updates on power? Any new graphs or anything?

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Revivals Rolling Road
-----
Been a busy day for me! When to Revivals RR with SCN people. The car got 241BHP and 316LB/FT. The BHP figure was spot on but everyones torque levels were massively down on what they should have been. It seems the more powerful cars had trouble staying on the rollers, especially mine! Everytime they strapped the car down further the torque results changed but I guess accurate torque figures wasn't to be (dyno lottery and all).

Overall the car feels very fast, especially tonight once the temperatures dropped - fastest its ever been so I am happy.

I had the pleasure to do a mini detail on DK's car today. Just a quid once over with Dodo Juice Need for Speed - came up pretty nice and just in time for the London meet.

Last edited:

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Got any videos fella? :D
Unfortunately not - was quite nerve racking watching the car try and climb out of the rollers.

Does the boot tray still fit with the rear strutt brace fitted?
Good figures, is that you finished with the hunt for more power?
Yea fits fine with strut thankfully and it hides it nicely too. Well it made good BHP figures on the Revival RR however the torque was down 60-70lb/ft which is purely down the configuration of the RR for sure as all the cars were massively down. As for more power - I would say that I am not looking for more. However there are some new stuff being developed for TDI's so might be tempted by those.

Next big thing is coilovers and sound system later in the year.

Thanks again for that Maz ;) the car looks the nut's now :D
Welcome mate.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Platinum Bling!
-----

With the Auto Finesse Detailing Show 2009 coming up next week, I had to make sure the car was extremely clean and swirl free as a lot of other detailers would be in attendance.

Products
Wash n Drying
CarLack 68 Shampoo
Sonus Drying Towel
Meguairs and Chemical Guys microfibres

Body Work
Cleanyourcar fine polyclay
Meguairs Last Touch Quick Detailer
Dodo Juice Lime Prime

Sealants and Waxes
Ziano Z2 Pro
Chemical Guys Blitz Sealant
P21s Wax
Dodo Juice Need for Speed

Plastics, Rubbers and Glass
Autoglym Vinyl & Rubber Care
Chemical Guys Dress It All dressing
Autoglym Glass Polish
Tescos Glass Cleaner

Tools
Meguiars G220 mk2 machine polisher
Myriad of foam applicators
Sonus Polishing pad.
Swissvax Detail Brush
Meguiars Wheel Spoke Brush

The Process
-----

1) Clean alloy wheels and tyre wall with shampoo
2) Scrub callipers with Vikan wheel brush as best as possible
3) Wash with Shampoo and rinse wheels with pressure washer
5) Clean plastics and rubber with megs APC using swissvax brush
6) Wash car
8) dry with drying towels.
9) Tape the car up
10) Clean class inside and out
11) Machine polish glass with Autoglym Glass Polish
11) Clean inside of the car.
12) Use Last Megs Last Touch on wheels then treat with Dodo Need For Speed
13) Machine Car with Dodo Juice Lime Prime
14) Treat all plastics and rubbers with Autoglym Vinyl & Rubber Care
16) Treat door shuts with Dodo Need For Speed.
17) Apply Sealant (Ziano Z2 Pro and Chemical Guys Blitz) via machine
18) Apply P21s Wax
19) Final inspection and tidy up

DSCF1727.jpg

DSCF1729.jpg

DSCF1731.jpg

DSCF1732.jpg

DSCF1733.jpg

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
A decision has been made, I am getting coilovers. So let it be written so let it be done.

Current shortlist is:
1) KW V3
2) H&R's Monotube
3) Eibach Pro Street
4) Weitec Hicon GT

If I am honest I cant decide how far I want to go with them. My side of my brain is saying go for KW as they will suit the diff well. The other is saying you wont really adjust dampening and rebound. Opinions are welcome!

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
A decision has been made, I am getting coilovers. So let it be written so let it be done.

Current shortlist is:
1) KW V3
2) H&R's Monotube
3) Eibach Pro Street
4) Weitec Hicon GT

If I am honest I cant decide how far I want to go with them. My side of my brain is saying go for KW as they will suit the diff well. The other is saying you wont really adjust dampening and rebound. Opinions are welcome!

I have the FK Sport Edition Plus coilovers for my Ibiza and they are adjustable damping and all that, and tbh you dont use it. You have to have it on nearly the hardest setting anyway - otherwise the ride is just too bouncy! So i set it to the 2nd hardest setting and havent adjusted it since! I'd say just buy some fixed damping/rebound but with a decent drop. And go for stainless ones. The others get a bit of stick from salt! :cry:

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.