WTCC: Sense at last?

warren_cox

Back from the dead
I can't decide whether their meddling is good or bad.

There is always a risk that says if you allow different formats of vehicle into a race series there will be pro's and con's. You'd think they would get the standards ironed out pre-season rather than making tweaks on a race by race basis, probably in reflection of each race result. Remember in the 90's when the Audi A4 Quattro was inflicted with ballast which made it uncompetitive in the BTCC. All that happened was that Audi pulled out as they couldn't effectively compete.

With the BTCC/WTCC series now being down to so few cars manufacturers, you would think they wouldn't want to upset the marques they have left.

Leonidas

Im really surprised that the boost pressure has bein upped to 2.7 from 2.5........
SEAT bosses must have had some strong words for the organisers :D

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
so the petrol RPM limit is allowed to be higher than a standard car and the diesel RPM is limited lower ???

i know there are other rules etc but wasn't the 'success' ballast supposed to countermand any dominance?

Jaime Puig is a tough cookie - they all are...I think it smells suspiciously like a revolution...there's been a lot of bickering for years and they all need things to change dramatically to justify a continued involvement from a manufacturer point of view...if there's any point in even trying.

Makes sense to have a 'non-economic' reason to pull out doesn't it? Less damaging for the industry and now they all have a bouyant 'customer' base, what would be their (BMW and SEAT particularly) point in staying? The simple reason for doing it (WTCC) is for exposure and if someone else carries the batton...?!

Jaime will always have something up his sleeve ;)!

Leonidas

so the petrol RPM limit is allowed to be higher than a standard car and the diesel RPM is limited lower ???

i know there are other rules etc but wasn't the 'success' ballast supposed to countermand any dominance?

Dont think it matters much about the rpm for the diesels. I remember a clip of Darren Turner doin a lap in btcc and he was changin up just before the limiter anyway.

Im really surprised that the boost pressure has bein upped to 2.7 from 2.5........
SEAT bosses must have had some strong words for the organisers :D

YeahI guess their words were "We're off after this season!"

it amazes me how the FIA can just change the rules as they go along. if there is no consistency then it makes a farce of the whole season.

Nine drivers had their qualifying times at Pau taken away for exceeding the rev limit during downshifts, but 15 repeated the offence in the races and were not penalised.

I wonder if they have changed the rules for the safety car, or can they just pull out in front of the leading car and trash it! :lol:

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise