SirSuraj

Feb 25, 2008
Middlesex
Nice thread.

Just one question before I order my set of H7 4300K HID's...

Why do prices vary so much? I think I saw a conversion kit from Diane-Shop on flea bay for about $60.
Then there is a kit on hids4u for about £100.

dmmsta

Sold car - bought bike
Feb 10, 2007
Maidstone - Kent
Nice thread.

Just one question before I order my set of H7 4300K HID's...

Why do prices vary so much? I think I saw a conversion kit from Diane-Shop on flea bay for about $60.
Then there is a kit on hids4u for about £100.

I think some of it is places like HIDS4U supply from an address in the UK, so they've done the importing bit for you, and it means you can deal with a UK contact rather than an offshore source.

Just a guess mind...:blink:

Mandip

Mar 29, 2009
Milton Keynes
hello everyone,

I got my HIDs the other day (6000k) from HIDs4U and tested them they look so cool. I havent had a chance to fit em though because the weather has been so shite the past couple of days, but hopefully saturday will be nice and sunny.

I was wondering where to put the ballasts in the mean time, I know passenger one will go in the plastic bit that you have to take off to get to the light housing thats easy.

The drivers side one i was think of sticking behind the washer bottle, but i was wondering:
1) Can i take this out while its still got screenwash in it?
2) I know its only two bolts and its off but do i need to remove the connectors to the pump etc
2b) if so is it just a simple clip off job?

Also I bought some really cool LED sidelights, I had a go at fitting them today as I thought it would only be a 5 min job. But I couldnt for the life of me get the original side light out. Does anyone have a good technique to pull that thing out of there???

Thanks for your help.

seantdi

no smoke no poke!!
Jan 18, 2009
ireland
open up the black plastic screw at the front of the washer bottle and put the mount under that! if you want to take it out pull off the pipe at the washer jets and spray it in to a container. if you take it off it would be wort your while washing it out as they can get stale! the side lights should just pull out! try use a long nose plires to pull them out!

Mandip

Mar 29, 2009
Milton Keynes
open up the black plastic screw at the front of the washer bottle and put the mount under that! if you want to take it out pull off the pipe at the washer jets and spray it in to a container. if you take it off it would be wort your while washing it out as they can get stale! the side lights should just pull out! try use a long nose plires to pull them out!

Hi ya thanks for the advice, you were right the sidelights just yank out but took some major force! Thought i almost broke them at one point!

Decided to just cable tie one of the ballasts to the side of the washer bottle as a temp measure and the other to the cold feed intake next to the battery. As i still use the original air box and air feed i was worried if i put it within that cover that i would be restricting air flow.

I was wondering though, now that i've fitted them they seem to have quite a low cut off as in they dont really even light up road signs becuase the beam does not go high enough. Is that normal? I went and got them checked at an MOT centre and they said that they were fine... But im not so sure...

volvic

It's just water
Jun 28, 2008
House of Batiatus
gpsppccolour.jpg

nicked from ebay, this now shows 5000k. i've blown a normal h7 bulb and thinking about hids..... hmmm :shrug:

curryholic

Mar 5, 2009
In zomerzet
After ordering the kit and the other bulbs on the 16th, the mains arrived (UK) yesterday and the HIDS arrived this morning (from Hong Kong)... still waiting for the sides to arrive :(

Guess what I'll be doing at the weekend!!!! :D

dmmsta

Sold car - bought bike
Feb 10, 2007
Maidstone - Kent
nicked from ebay, this now shows 5000k. i've blown a normal h7 bulb and thinking about hids..... hmmm :shrug:

If/when mine ever need replacing i'm going either 4300k or 5000k

I was running 5000K in my dipped beam (when I still had my LC), and personally I think they're the happy medium for colour of the light emitted.

I was running 4300K in my high/main beams and the subtle difference of the 5000K was nice, not too blue, but enough to look that little bit different!

Highly recommended!

Have bought all my HIDs (past & present) from My Depots altho it looks like they don't do 5000K anymore :(

curryholic

Mar 5, 2009
In zomerzet
:redface:Just having a chat with one of my mates, who's got an Octavia and interested in HID's. He's mentioned something about projector/reflector lamps and which one the Leon has. From reading this it seems like most people just bang the HID kit into the standard lamps (or don't say anything about it) or you go for the angel eyes.

With a fear of being a bit :redface: which type do the Leon's have? Are they ok with reflectors?

Ta

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members