MFA retrofit info

GTV

Veggie powered TDi's
Feb 16, 2008
Cambridgeshire
Hi there, does anybody have any wiring details for the MFA? the Haynes book of lies doesn't realy have any info about it.
Cheers :)

GTV

Veggie powered TDi's
Feb 16, 2008
Cambridgeshire
I guess not, well put it this way, there is a cable coming from the stalk, 4 wires. From what I can tell two to the fuse box and the others to the mfa display.
Red and black goes to the fuse box but does anybody know where
White and blue are the ones that go to the MFA display but again anybody know which connections?

Can anybody help?

dmvcompany

Hi GTV, I´m new in in this forum. In a short time I´ll show my car with their modifications.
One question for you; I trying to install the MFA and I see you was able to install it. Please, could you tell me what are the wires you put it?
I think the conections from the stalk are (but I´m not sure):
1.Black wire from the stalk --> MFA Memory ---- MFA Cluster 6
2.Red wire from the stalk ----> MFA Reset ------- MFA Cluster 4
3.White wire from the stalk -> MFA Mode ------- MFA Cluster 15
4.Blue wire from the stalk -----> (ground) - MFA Cluster 1 or 5

Please, could you help me :-(?

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
i might have it here somewhere but it's not a simple pug in and go jobbie - you got the rest of it ?

GTV

Veggie powered TDi's
Feb 16, 2008
Cambridgeshire
to be honest its not that bad of a job, you need
Stalks (with MFA buttons)
clock set (with MAF display)
oil temp sender
outside temp sender

apart from that, thats it. You will have to wire up the stalks to the clocks youself (no loom) but that is only 4 wires and the run two wires to the engine bay one for the oil temp and the other for the outside temp.
I have the clock wiring details in my tool box so I will post later but I am not sure if I still have the stalk wiring but I will check for you.

GTV

Veggie powered TDi's
Feb 16, 2008
Cambridgeshire
ok here we go:~

outside temp sender = pin 19
oil temp sender = pin 17
MFA button = pin 15

the others I will have to check but the only pins spare after that are 1,2,4,6 so your wiring looks about right.

dmvcompany

to be honest its not that bad of a job, you need
Stalks (with MFA buttons)
clock set (with MAF display)
oil temp sender
outside temp sender

apart from that, thats it. You will have to wire up the stalks to the clocks youself (no loom) but that is only 4 wires and the run two wires to the engine bay one for the oil temp and the other for the outside temp.
I have the clock wiring details in my tool box so I will post later but I am not sure if I still have the stalk wiring but I will check for you.

ok here we go:~

outside temp sender = pin 19
oil temp sender = pin 17
MFA button = pin 15

the others I will have to check but the only pins spare after that are 1,2,4,6 so your wiring looks about right.

Thanks GTV, it´s like I thought.
Yes, I have the Stalks (with MFA buttons) and the other with tempomat (it´s a good oportunity to install it), the clock set (with MAF display), the oil temp sender and the outside temp sender i´m trying to find it in the Scrapping car. The all conections from the cluster I think are:
1 MFA outside temp sender (Ground) -----> 4. Blue stalk wire
4 MFA Reset ----------------------------------->2.Red stalk wire
6 MFA Memory -------------------------------->1.Black stalk wire
15 MFA Mode ---------------------------------->3.White stalk wire
17 MFA oil temp sender --> outside temp sender
19 MFA outside temp sender --> oil temp sender
Thanks for your help. The theory I kown it :), only I have to install in my car. Thanks thanks thanks

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.