LCR cold air feed idea

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
surprised no one has mentioned it

putting the pipe that close to the engine is pointless, because the air duct pipe will get very hot, so as soon as the air feeds through the grill, it hits the hot air feed pipe and warms instantly....therefore still blowing warm air onto the induction kit

hence why everyone feeds their air ducts around the other side of the battery, to keep it as far away as possible from the engine, meaning the cold air feeding onto the induction kit stays cold or at least cooler
Fair point but would be good to have figures etc just to see. The MK2 Leon Cupra ones comes over the coilpacks. The OEM induction is built into the engine cover so it retains loads of heat, strange design. But all the Aftermarket ones skirt around the sides of the engine. Also remember the Scooby ones, SMI right above the engine, really really **** design

swilky23

Jul 3, 2008
rochdale
I fitted my green open cone last week and although I love the noise it makes, I feel like it's a little more sluggish than it used to be. I'm waitin for a 3 inch air feed to be delivered and I'm trying to think of the best way to get cold air to filter. At the moment I just have the original air feed which is rediculously small.

I know a lot of people either try and fit a bigger air feed down the side of the battery - the same route as the the original air feed, or down to the fog light area, which after just looking at my engine bays looks very difficult!

So I was thinking would it make much difference if removed the original plastic just behind the grill that diverts air coming in around the battery and through the original air feed, and fixed the new bigger air feed there instead and routed it around the opposite side of the battery so that it comes around the back of the filter, and maybe also keep the original air feed where it is. Like this:

P3100300-1.jpg

It would take air directly from behind the grill and seems like an easy route, the only thing is by routing it that side of the battery will the air feed be too close to the engine?

Let me know what you think, also has anyone tried to re-locate an open cone to a colder part of the engine bay? I've seen it done on ibiza's but not on an lcr.

cheers

I have this route on mine ill try an post a pic up tonight. No probs regarding being too close to the engine

swilky23

Jul 3, 2008
rochdale
sorry people I cant get a proper pic up so i hope you can see it on my avater. the feed runs round and under the filter. why cant just browse and find pics I have no idea but there you go need a phd to get them on here

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
sorry people I cant get a proper pic up so i hope you can see it on my avater. the feed runs round and under the filter. why cant just browse and find pics I have no idea but there you go need a phd to get them on here

I subscribe to threads so here is your pic

airbox3d.jpg

swilky23

Jul 3, 2008
rochdale
Possibly if I knew what you was talking about lol. All I know is to get as much cold air to the filter as poss. If this secondary pump will work better then please tell me more

paul-murphys

efr 6758 here i come
Possibly if I knew what you was talking about lol. All I know is to get as much cold air to the filter as poss. If this secondary pump will work better then please tell me more

but doesnt that cold air go through a very hot turbo? wouldnt be better to just get a fmic? i have induction kit with original cold feed. thought was only important to get cold air to cars which dont have turbos as cold air is denser, wouldnt of thought on a turbo car the air being cool would matter so much as it gets very hot when traveing through the turbo? after been through turbo gets cooled throght the intercoolers.

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
but doesnt that cold air go through a very hot turbo? wouldnt be better to just get a fmic? i have induction kit with original cold feed. thought was only important to get cold air to cars which dont have turbos as cold air is denser, wouldnt of thought on a turbo car the air being cool would matter so much as it gets very hot when traveing through the turbo? after been through turbo gets cooled throght the intercoolers.

The more dense the air, the more of it there is. the turbo then compress it and intercooler will cool it.
This will give more compressed cooled air, then add more petrol and get a bigger bang.
Bigger intercooler will only keep the charged air temps down after compression

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise