Clutch Pedal Snapped. GUIDE

jonesyba_420

Think the spring clicks when its not quite in the right place,should be located in the little "dimple" at the bulkhead end not pushing up against the side. dont believe there's an aftermarket part or anything,havnt heard one mentioned anyway.just perservere untill its in the right place.

Anyone else had the EPC light come on after re-fitting their clutch pedal??or is it just me :(

kieran cupra

just reloacted the spring with the help of the cable ties and got ito to st in that little grove and nowtheres no clicks,thanks for your help

jonesyba_420

No worries, just glad i could be of some assistance.

my epc light randomly went off last night:):)happy days!!only time will tell if it stays off tho.

ski_tzo

Nov 6, 2008
Newtownabbey, NI
Dealers just informed me that pedal box is cracked. im guessing this is a sign of the clutch pedal going or is this something different?

They said new pedal box and 3 hours labour but if its just a case of getting it welded id def prefer that!

jonesyba_420

how do you post pictures? as i have a picture of the bit that snapped on mine.

Sandy1985

Apr 3, 2007
cani confirm something please, am i right in thinking that the spring sits between a grove and a pokey out bit on the pedal? and there is nothing lese holding it in place.. im at my wits end with this, took it to a mechanic who thinks there is a part missing from it, i said i dont think there is, i think its just wedged between the 2 points?? a pic of the spring in situe and on its own would be a massive help. or does anyone have access to the diagrams the stealers have that show how everything goes together

cheers

jonesyba_420

ski tzo- here is a picture of the bit that snapped on my pedal.
Image002mod.jpg

jonesyba_420

im not sure if its the same problem or not as i didnt got to SEAT to get it welded i just done it myself.the little sqare thing thats circled in the picture is on the side of the pedal arm and should have a little white clip in it,this holds the piston for the master cylinder, the problem is the welds snap and then the little white clip flies out the top which leaves you with no clutch as the master cylinder has nothing to push against. you should be able to see if you look "under" the dash,the fuse tray and other plastic cover under the steering wheel might have to be removed to get a good look at it tho.

MR T

Jul 10, 2004
BOONDOCKS
advice needed i have taken out the old pedal and replaced it with a new one it is sitting on the tube which runs along to the brake pedal and is ready to have the safety clips replaced at each end. i have 2 issues

1 the spring has not been put back because it is evil but more importantly.

2 the white clip is situated in the housing on the pedal and i am pushing it against the rod but the two bits will not connect.

do i have to take it all apart again and join the clip to the rod then jiggle the pedal around it to make it fit or will it not join until the spring is back in place.

jonesyba_420

ha ha the dreaded spring lol, thats the hardest bit! i put the white clip on the "rod" before putting it in the housing on the pedal, was a b***h to get on but i manged it by hand no tools required other than brute strength, i dont remember it being hard to then locate the clip in its hole.

Adam180

May 26, 2008
Northern Ireland
my pedal snaped and master cylinder bent

hey fantastic guide, mine went at 4 o'clock 2day, and had MOT booked for 6, came on here, downloaded this guide and another for the master cylinder, over a cup of tea and 4 digestive biscuits i read the guides and got started, within half an hour i had the cluth master cylinder off, the pedal off, i then popped over to my looker stealer and got a new master cylinder and clip for the pedal, sadly missed MOT but shall have the pedal welded and all popped back togeather by tomorrow, was not the nightmare i thought it was and i would just like to thank all the guys on here for the guides and advice, sadly seat build quality leaves much to be desired but Seat drivers Camaraderie is 2nd to none.
Photo0038.jpg

nfuke

Guys mine went yesterday again luckily enough i was going slow...
Does anyone have any update or contacted seat?
Does anyone have any diagrams of what part snaps, before and after pics?

Thanks

Big_A_Cupra20vt

Jan 4, 2007
margate
Guys mine went yesterday again luckily enough i was going slow...
Does anyone have any update or contacted seat?
Does anyone have any diagrams of what part snaps, before and after pics?

Thanks

small white plastic clip you will know it when you see it, basicly the clip is housed in a small metal case that has 2 spot weldes holding the back on its the weldes that break and the clip shatters. mine when 2 years ago 70pence for new clip and about 1 hour taking seat out getting pedals off and welding the black houseing box back togetther (properly) and job done :D noy had any problems since.

well apart from the rest of the car falling apart lol welcome to the cupra experience.

nfuke

Guide i brilliant saved me money and welded at garage for free.
So all back together in a few hours... I cant remember where the spring goes!?!
I take it the white plastic end of the spring sits on top of the pedal but where the hell does the other end rest?
Its compressed with cable ties and it looks like it should go straight up the the bottom of the dash but there is a circular whole??? Was there something there where the spring rested?

Guys help please im fed up of walking everywhere.... a pic/photo?

bozwellox

Jazz Maveric
Jan 8, 2007
Oxford
This happened to me last night, luckily I found a wifi connection and checked this guide whilst waiting for the AA! AA chap managed to bodge it by cutting down a bit of plastic to act as a stop, so was able to limp home but now need to order the plastic clip and arrange for my pedal to be welded.

Just spoke to the parts department of my local Seat dealer and apparently the part number for the "little white plastic clip" is 1H0721357 at a cost of 65p + VAT!. Hope that helps some people out!

EDIT - also noticed that a black plastic clip had broken, which is part number 1J2721332A - £1.86 + VAT.

EDIT AGAIN: Oooops, just noticed this is in the Mk3 Ibiza forum, so the above part numbers are probably wrong - they were for the Mk1 Leon. Soz!

Last edited:

Imperial_dan

I also had problems with mine. The clutch pedal just wobbles all around and 'falls' down every few minutes. So I have to put the tip of my foot under the pedal and lift it back up while driving. I 'm buying a new car tomorrow and the dealer is keeping my old Ibiza, so he'll have to fix it.

im having the same problem, have had the bits welded, put it all back together how it should be but now the pedals not springing back up, you have to help it back up. can anyone advise where im going wrong? It seems as if the springs not doing its job properly?

20vtwy

Sep 29, 2007
Halifax
The weld on my clutch pedal broke last weekend setting off at the lights. Filled the car with fireproof sheets and got my dad to weld it without taking the pedal off, took ten minutes and cost nowt. All is good now had no problems since, just wondereing whats gonna go next!!!

kylesmithh

the joys :D

oo the joys of attempting this with my dad, lucky u,i remembered i had seen this wee guide wot a time saver it is was a great help. cheers

suomy

i ve recently bought a mk3 cupra and the clutch pedal is different to the brake and throttle so im guessing its had this problem the throttle and brake pedals have the sporty pedals but the clutch pedal is a crappy metal bogg standard 1, i went to the main dealers and asked if they had a proper cupra 1 and they looked at me blank and just said its the same pedal for all the ibizas and said there was no sporty alternative.

how do i get the right pedal for it?

p.s, does this post make sense?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.