Leon PD150 TIP options??? pls help

Yello

drives a Banshee
Aug 5, 2002
Weston-Super-Mare
Visit site
After 2 hrs of searching, reading posts, getting ideas about alloy pipes and then finding out Allards went bust and Forge don't as yet do a suitable kit, and there are issues with the SFS kit, I am now more confused as to what to do then when I started...

My TIP popped off a few mths back, Dealer fitted new parts and today 85 miles from home with the wife, 2 kids and the mother in law, POP it went again, AA chap said the pipe didn't look new at all (lower IC fittting popped off) are there 2 x pipes?

So, I've been investigating my options and alloy pipes or a suitable kit which improves on OE but seem to come to dead ends where ever I search. I am now running a bodged pipe which the AA popped back in and cable-tied and suggested I run with no boost!

I have no faith in my local dealer anymore and don't wish to replace with OEM parts, I have this week off work so can travel to get the damn pipes all changed and be done with it, anyone suggest anything please?

I live in North Somerset:help:
cheers chaps it's now 2-19am and my head hurts!

trebormint

Sep 17, 2008
Swindon
Did your dealer replace the pipe from maf sensor to turbo?

which pipe did the aa fix? The pipe from intercooler to inlet manifold or from turbo to i/c?

Yello

drives a Banshee
Aug 5, 2002
Weston-Super-Mare
Visit site
Took car to the dealers again today along with the AA report and my receipt from April 09, it would appear that the same pipe has popped off which was replaced earlier this year, this is from the connection at the IC, they have ordered a new part to be fitted under warranty in the morning so fingers crossed.

The AA chap mentioned to me that in his opinion that pipe was not new due to the condition it was in, even with a few good months driving he said he would have expected it to be much cleaner and suggested it was the original part just re-fitted! Thing is it took them 3 days to fix it last time as apparently they forgot to order the part the 1st day, had something else to do more urgent the second and then it was only just ready for me by close on the 3rd day with no offer of a curtesty car, i've been going there for 8 years and they just take me for granted, a tad cheesed off now!

Yello

drives a Banshee
Aug 5, 2002
Weston-Super-Mare
Visit site
Did your dealer replace the pipe from maf sensor to turbo?

which pipe did the aa fix? The pipe from intercooler to inlet manifold or from turbo to i/c?

sorry I'm not sure which pipe exactly, but looking at the parts posted on a previous thread I think it could be no.17

This is only because the AA chap popped off the undertray to show me where it had come off just to the right of the car ? no mechanic me! however he did call it the Turbo Intercooler Pipe hence my mention of it being TIP

Yello

drives a Banshee
Aug 5, 2002
Weston-Super-Mare
Visit site
going hybrid now so will have a new seat sport fmic, like the thought of the alloy boost pipes though, called Alan at Allards explained which car I had and he asked me which type of IC I had, I wasn't aware there were two, "PD150 seat sport fmic" I said, he told me that there were two types depending on where the pipes were attached and i'll need to get back to him before he could let me have a price.

can anyone shed any light on this for me pls?

Mar 16, 2013
Shrewsbury
Pd150 pipes are notorious for popping off, the actual alloy connector has little tabs either side which the clip holds onto, they wear down and the springs loose tension. VW upgraded the clips (so when you buy them now theyre the better ones) but the pipes tabs still wear down.

Ive replaced my entire pipe kit with a Darkside pipe kit, well worth it, Darkside kits cheaper afaik (than sfs kit), and has less parts involved. but the couplings are alloy machined, instead of pressed metal. so they are alot tighter fit and better quality.

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2013
Shrewsbury
sorry I'm not sure which pipe exactly, but looking at the parts posted on a previous thread I think it could be no.17

This is only because the AA chap popped off the undertray to show me where it had come off just to the right of the car ? no mechanic me! however he did call it the Turbo Intercooler Pipe hence my mention of it being TIP

The turbo intercooler pipe will probably be the pipe going from the turbo, through the pancake pipe, and to the intercooler, 3 pipes in total, it all sits behind your drivers front wheel.

the TIP is the Turbo INTAKE Pipe, thats the one on top of the engine that goes from the airbox to the turbo.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.