Cracked windscreen when returned to car

ManOnTheMoor

Apr 22, 2007
Came home, parked car facing house, got up this morning got in car.....How on earth has a 15" crack appeared on drivers side of windscreen. No visible debris from say house roof tile

Only thing I can think of is the stone that we heard ping off the windscreen yesterday, but that was in the morning on mway and we came back on the A Roads :)

Hopefully this is not a return of the issue I've read about on earlier models as was looking to add stiffer ARBs etc - but i guess just bad luck - superstitious people say they come in threes, i've got the leaky door seal to fix, need new front tyres again.... (eating into upgrade fund) it never ends....:cry:

cupradan

Original Shinto...
May 12, 2004
Huddersfield
happened to me the other week. on my way to do an early shift at work so temps were low. a small stone chip hit the windscreen and chipped it. over the course of the day it got quite hot and the expansion of the screen created a crack to runs nearly the entire width of the screen :lol: luckily its at the bottom so not much of a visual problem until i can get it fixed

ManOnTheMoor

Apr 22, 2007
Windscreen replaced last Thursday, left all day in the sun. Thought all was well but noticed an odd whiff on Sunday, kinda damp musty smell. put it down to the drivers door inner seal needing replacing and my make shift plastic rain sleeve coming loose (keeps the water from running over the sill) but then today in the torrential rain the missus started to get her feet wet...water was pouring in. Called in Halfords on way home to get car cover to keep rain off but thankfully the torrential rain stopped.

Anyway pulled the pollen filter cover off and ensured all fitted correctly. Tested with hose pipe and no more leaks. (left plastic tub in footwell just in case...)

Obviously cause for complaint as they didnot fit the panels back correctly but reckon I can get them to stump the bill for interior valet....thankfully didn't ruin cd changer etc in glove box (at least looked dry....)

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex
Hopefully this is not a return of the issue I've read about on earlier models as was looking to add stiffer ARBs etc - but i guess just bad luck - superstitious people say they come in threes, i've got the leaky door seal to fix, need new front tyres again.... (eating into upgrade fund) it never ends....:cry:

Mine went a few years ago, just cracked. No problems since though and thats with a stiffer rear ARB. Dont let it put you off:)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.