Calum's K03's Ibiza! VT mounts here and new pictures!

Deleted member 39269

Engine​

Brand new K03s from Turbo Dynamics
Revo Stage 2
Blueflmae downpipe and decat
Miltek Cat back exhaust with centre silencer removed
G60 flywheel and VR6 clutch
Jetex FR-07008 Filter
Universal intercooler painted gloss black
Custom charge pipe painted black with blue silicone hoses
AMD dumpvalve relocated to the cold side
Blue TIP
N249 Removed
Carbon Canister Removed
SAI removed
Air Con removed
Audi TT short shifter
NGK spark plugs
Painted inlet and Rocker cover
Boost and Oil temp gauges

Interior

Rear seats and carpet removed
Flocked dash board
Blue Cupra seats
Extra lighting
Door handles color coded door handles
Shortened gear stick
Nomad double pillar pod
New Seat floor mats

Exterior

Seat Cupra wheels sprayed gloss black
Debadged
Aero wipers
Bee Sting aerial
Fog lights removed
6k Slim version HID's
Modified rear lights
Chrome indicator bulbs

Handling

Hottuning Coilovers
Seat sport upper strut brace painted black
Lower and rear upper strut braces

Future Plans

VT engine mounts (ordered)
WOT box (ordered)
LCR 225 fuel pump
Decent coilovers
ARB's​

Right folks thought i'd better get a progress blog up and going. I've had the car for a few months now but never got round to a write up so here goes....

Back in May I swap my Vtr'd quicksilver for and Ibiza. I think the previous owner is a member on this forum.

So any way it had a few things done to it and i have done a few bits and I've given it alot of tlc.

It came with a huge folder a reciepts which was good as it had 144k. But the engine feels really strong and it pulls hard up through the gears

Here's a pic of my old car. Great little car bit i fancied a change and as insurance was affordable so i decided to go turbo

DSCF0250.jpg

And here's a few pics of the Cupra when i first got it. It has a dyno printout at Awesome Gti of 193hp before the FMIC, TIP and BOV. It has alot more bits done to it but i'll write that up later. So i'll just let the pics do the talking

SDC10157.jpg

SDC10158.jpg

SDC10159.jpg

SDC10160.jpg

SDC10161.jpg

SDC10162.jpg

SDC10163.jpg

SDC10164.jpg

SDC10167.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 39269

And it snow foamed

SDC10175.jpg

Really happy with car but it need a few bits sorting before i was completely happpy. The intercooler pipes kept blowing of due to poor fitting pipes and hose clips so the first thing was to sort that out with new silcone hoses and joiners

SDC10168-1.jpg

SDC10170-1.jpg

Also ordered a Jetex filter as the were highly rated on here and also a 45* elbow in blue

SDC10169-1.jpg

All fitted

SDC10171-1.jpg

SDC10174-1.jpg

And here's a few pic's of the poorly fitting boost pipes

SDC10165.jpg

SDC10165.jpg

SDC10166.jpg

Deleted member 39269

So got the into the garage and cut up made my new pipes for the cold side of the FMIC

SDC10182.jpg

SDC10183.jpg

SDC10184.jpg

SDC10188.jpg

By this time i had fitted a seat sport strut brace and a mk1 golf rear brace

SDC10181.jpg

SDC10195.jpg

With me replacing various hoses with silicone this meant the pipes going onto the charge pipe started blowing off to. So i ordered up even more hoses and alloy pipe and got a friend to tig an 8mm pipe on for one of my vacum hoses. Then i got straight into fitting them and i also ditched the LCR charge pipe as i didn't think it look quiet in the bay

SDC10429.jpg

SDC10431.jpg

Deleted member 39269

A picture with LCR splitter it was far to low so it took it of as it was badly scraped

Photo-0083.jpg

SDC10191.jpg

SDC10193.jpg

Next up.... D90's got these of a mate who had them on a VR6 and i also bought new rear wheel bearings and hubs and also adaptors to suit the wheels

SDC10196.jpg

SDC10198.jpg

SDC10199.jpg

Also painted my claipers up just to match the car

SDC10203.jpg

The spacers went for 25mm front and 20mm back there FK's aswell

SDC10204.jpg

SDC10205.jpg

SDC10202.jpg

Deleted member 39269

And fitted sorry for poor quality pictures

SDC10206.jpg

SDC10209.jpg

SDC10210.jpg

SDC10211.jpg

Then next up i decided a wanted another gauge so it settled for an oil temp gauge and also bought a nomad pillar pod! Had to do a fair amount of wiring as there was a lack of electrical connectors

SDC10332.jpg

SDC10333.jpg

Really like the pod and nice a simple mod to do

SDC10424.jpg

Deleted member 39269

Then i need a bit more noise to go with my miltek cat back so i bought a 3" downpipe and decat from blueflame not got any pics before fitting but am sure you all know what they look like. After fitting it the car felt so much better and more responsive and louder. When fitting the downpipe i noticed that just after the centre box the pipe had started to crack. So i cut it out and replace it with a straight pipe. Its so much better more noise and it pops and burbles away which it never did before. So i'm happy with it now

SDC10418.jpg

SDC10421.jpg

SDC10419.jpg

SDC10420.jpg

so thats it for now all comments a suggestions welcome

tobi20v

Feb 27, 2009
Germany
Hi mate

nice car, i like this colour :) they are very rare in Germany. If i was you, i would paint my strutbrace blue, like i did:

3901086984_aec13c164c_b.jpg

I also had a red one, i think that destroys the harmony of colours.

Regards, Tobi

cus

... Vag only!
Feb 8, 2004
Middlesbrough
www.nemm.co.uk
hey mate, really really nice on the D90's! shame that when i tried lowered it that the coilovers has seized :( the cutting when it came to the cold side was rushed as hell,but it never gave me a problem, sorry to hear it was bursting off on you!

anyway mate, top job and i'm glad to hear its still running nice and strong :)

Deleted member 39269

Hi mate

nice car, i like this colour :) they are very rare in Germany. If i was you, i would paint my strutbrace blue, like i did:

3901086984_aec13c164c_b.jpg

I also had a red one, i think that destroys the harmony of colours.

Regards, Tobi

Thanks for the comments. Yeah i think i will have to at some point a few people have told me to do so

And i'm also thinking about painting the alloy intercooler pipes black

Deleted member 39269

hey mate, really really nice on the D90's! shame that when i tried lowered it that the coilovers has seized :( the cutting when it came to the cold side was rushed as hell,but it never gave me a problem, sorry to hear it was bursting off on you!

anyway mate, top job and i'm glad to hear its still running nice and strong :)

Yeah i love them although i think they need a refurb maybe something to do over winter.

Nah its ok it was annoying but it didn't last long hahah soon got new pipes on and it never pops off

Cheers. Yeah she's still good! love driving it! hows my old pug? Somedays i do miss her!

Deleted member 39269

Some nice mods done there bud, Im really liking the flocked dash it looks awesome.

Cheers. The dash is nice, somedays i like it other days am not sure. But alot of people do like it. It was cus of here that put it in and before that i think it was h17och's?

cus

... Vag only!
Feb 8, 2004
Middlesbrough
www.nemm.co.uk
Cheers. The dash is nice, somedays i like it other days am not sure. But alot of people do like it. It was cus of here that put it in and before that i think it was h17och's?

haha yeah was h17och's old one. was a nice 3 hour trip to get it! with an awful hangover!

well the pug is great, but i'm afraid that it is currently up for sale. reason being.... Edition 38!
i went to it, and i now fancy getting myself another VAG car! i just cant stay away :( :whistle:

its run spot on since i've had it, but now needs a new torsion bar, but i've put that in the advert. such a fun car to drive, so think i'll be getting a small VAG car, lupo/polo or similar to keep a smile on my face

Deleted member 39269

haha yeah was h17och's old one. was a nice 3 hour trip to get it! with an awful hangover!

well the pug is great, but i'm afraid that it is currently up for sale. reason being.... Edition 38!
i went to it, and i now fancy getting myself another VAG car! i just cant stay away :( :whistle:

its run spot on since i've had it, but now needs a new torsion bar, but i've put that in the advert. such a fun car to drive, so think i'll be getting a small VAG car, lupo/polo or similar to keep a smile on my face

Haha yeah good old temptation! Thats a shame about the axle though. But you can pick them up cheap enough so am sure it will live on. Did you change anything on it since you got it?

Before i seen the ibiza i was looking at a polo gti.. some of the ones with leathers and climate control look really smart. And just deck it on nice wheels.

cus

... Vag only!
Feb 8, 2004
Middlesbrough
www.nemm.co.uk
Haha yeah good old temptation! Thats a shame about the axle though. But you can pick them up cheap enough so am sure it will live on. Did you change anything on it since you got it?

Before i seen the ibiza i was looking at a polo gti.. some of the ones with leathers and climate control look really smart. And just deck it on nice wheels.

i managed to get good money for the interior, and it was just too tempting, so got some nice bucket seats and i was gonna turn it into a track slag. plans have fallen through since Edition 38 and seeing all the lovely polos there!

the one i'm looking at is matt black lowered on tsw omegas. looks rather nice! full mk5 interior and engine. 145bhp in a car that small should be fun :)

i know the lad well who is buying the 106, so i know it's gonna get looked after. hes already for a full vts interior going in it. and a new torsion bar from the scrappies :)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.