Yet another Ebay bargain buy....

Viking

Insurance co's are crap.
May 19, 2007
Near Richmond, North Yorks
I know they're basically the same company in principle, as Paypal is owned by Ebay. However, you're just using Paypal as a means of payment. They protect your payment in the event the goods aren't delivered. Ebay are in charge of the whole accounts setup though, and they're the ones who take action against the sellers account for activity such as this.

I'd expect Paypal to refund your money, and not much else. I'd also expect Ebay to suspend his account for fraudulent activity, but you'll have to report him to Ebay, not Paypal.

Or am I being stupid....

andyj

There's no F in Quality..
Update.....

I've escalated my Paypal dispute to a 'claim' now, as he's not responded to any of my previous emails.

Just had a reply back from him:

If u want to sort this amicably like u say then don't waste
your time,
told u once the listing was on a buy now and there
is no chance you are
getting items for £5

-dgs-unit

Ooooo he's got me wound up now..... I'm fighting this one all the way! There are too many muppets on eBay that get away with this all the time.... so it's time to teach him a lesson ;)

I've noticed that he's also had a recent negative feedback for non-delivery of goods. I've messaged the other buyed to see if they've raised a paypal dispute.... if so, that will make 2 disputes... 1 more and his ebay account & IP address get frozen/blocked until the disputes get resolved!

Conveniently he's got another item for sale at a very low price.... I wonder if he will fail to deliver that to ;)

Dec 5, 2007
N W Leeds
Bottom line is he's made a legally binding contract - period. Despite his protestations, just because its ebay don't allow you to escape law of the land. You could escalate legally since he is obliged to sell at that price. Its his error/mistake, not yours.
Having a similar issue with a seller who relisted item because I didn't pay for 13 days (on holiday/automatic bid). He sent no invocie or communication whatsoever and has clearly broken ebay rules like this muppet.

andyj

Can't even seem to find any info on the result of the case/dispute through eBay.... only that it was closed on Paypal.....

Doesn't say open to offers..... although he's got loads of other items for sale still, inc the Mk4 Golf Steering Wheel.....

Anyway, I'm off to bed..... knackered!

Dai_O

Jul 30, 2009
Cardiff
nope afraid not, if u make an offer he has the choice to accept or reject the offer made by you, he can even come back to you with a counter offer if he likes.

hope that is clear??

Dai O

Gooner_Mike

Teaching the kids
Jan 20, 2008
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
What a :w4nk:. I had a similar story a few years ago on ebay. I bought something off this bloke and paid him straight away through PayPal. The item never arrived so I messaged him and got no reply. Opened a dispute and he maintained that he sent the item and I was lying just to get my money back... :ban: There are some right twunts out there and most of them seem to use ebay as a way of ripping people off. Saying that, the incident I refer to is the ONLY issue I have ever had with buying or selling on ebay!

andyj

nope afraid not, if u make an offer he has the choice to accept or reject the offer made by you, he can even come back to you with a counter offer if he likes.

hope that is clear??

Dai O

Incorrect there mate.

I didn't 'offer' him anything for them....

He started the auction with a 99p starting price OR a But It Now of £80. But because someone placed a bid at 99p, the BIN option dissappeared, meaning that it was just a plain auction. So my winning bid of £5 was a legally binding BID, as he had offered them for sale at anything above 99p, I had accepted that offer.

Make sense?

Left him negative feedback anyway for the fun of it ;) Something along these lines:

AVOID this seller. Goods not sent. Tried charging more than auction value. AVOID

andyj

Hmmmm... would it be 'wrong' of me to open up a bogus eBay account, hit the BIN on all of his Leon items..... and then accidentally forget my password to complete the sale?

Of course this would mean that no-one else would be able to buy those items, and would cause him a delay in receiving the profits from said items, but it would purely be by accident that I had forgotten my password.... after all, I'm only human.... :whistle:

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
Yes. Wrong.

The guy made a mistake, pretty easy to do, especially with eBay's crap software.

We all have some stories of how we were "ripped off on eBay", I imagine that the other guy would've felt he'd been ripped off if you'd got away with it.

Let sleeping disks lie. I'm sure he's learnt his lesson.

If he's not, and you get chance to screw him over, definitely take it...

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.