Cigerate Lighter in boot

ben652

Dec 9, 2007
hartlepool
is it possible i have searched and no one has said it cant be done but no one has said i can i .it just i case of conect one up to the boot light or is there another way cheers for any help :shrug:

dholdi

Jul 3, 2008
Preston
I wouldnt connect it to the boot light circuit, I may be wrong but I wouldnt have thought that would be fused high enough to cope with the range of accesories you could plug into that type of outlet.

dav3

devilishd4ve xbox tag
Mar 29, 2007
Essex
Is there not one in your boot already. There's one in my boot on the n/s wheel arch carpet.

dav3

devilishd4ve xbox tag
Mar 29, 2007
Essex
Just realised mate mine is in the recess behind the n/s lights not the wheel arch. It should have a 12v cap/cover on it if it's there. Not sure where to wire it up if you haven't got one. Might be worth speaking to an auto electrician, but at a guessI'd say straight to battery with fuse/resistor inline. As the cig lighters are a constant live in a Seat

dholdi

Jul 3, 2008
Preston
I'm pretty sure they wernt fitted to all models. It may be worth getting behind the lining in the area mentioned above as I wouldnt have thought the looms would be different. If so there may be wiring there for it.
If not as dav says wire back to battery or spare way at the fuse box with suitably sized cable and fuse.

dh00001

Aug 11, 2009
the power outlet in the boot wasnt in all leons. it was in early models, then it wasnt, then it came back,then went :p
fairly easy to do, run a power cable off of a source (battery direct maybe?) use 10g as a guess. have a 10amp fuse in line and connect to a cigarette lighter available from most places and connect the negative to a good earth source.
do it that way and it will stay on with ignition off

vwbassett

Joined the Dark Side
Aug 13, 2007
Surrey
Defo not fitted to all cars as my 2004 LCR has one but my dads same age Cupra TDI doesnt. My Old 1999 golf gti did so maybe you can source the connections and wiring from a scrappy?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.