More power from my 1.9TDi 150 leon cupra??

CupraDerv-chris

mmm thats a Nice bit of power from a derv but it comes at a high price!
Decisions decisions
I could fit a new clutch & flywheel myself instead of spending that kind of money,How comes these cars use the dual mass flywheel? arent they prone to problems? having looked at my car's history its had 2 of them already :-S

brad1

Proof is in the pudding ;) ive posted the graph up, AmD are just very good with their mapping [B)]

majesty78

Oct 6, 2008
Austria
Proof is in the pudding ;) ive posted the graph up, AmD are just very good with their mapping [B)]

LooooooL, this is kind of typical...

Well, everybody prefers to rather believe "his" favorite tuner.....

Maybe AmD is very good in mapping, but this doesnt change the laws of physics for them....

Just take a log with measuring block 4 and maybe 11, and I tell you your real hp....

(I know you will never do that....)

Regards, Alex

chispadete

that is true, however your talking about a chocolate flavour pudding, when the rest of us, are talking about REAL chocolate.

1/4 times please?

Dont start crying saying the guy isnt very good at launches, or changing gear crap either. As weigh the car on a weight bridge, then look at the terminal speeds and wham you get a general idea of bhp per ton, and inturn how much 'real' hp it has.

I would like to ask the 260bhp leon tdi, to go run and I will still giggle hard at the terminal speeds of 99-101mph, rather than 103-105mph it should get...

brad1

If you have got a problem with these figures, heres AmD's number, 01708 861827, phone them and speak to them

Feb 1, 2007
Nottingham
Im doubtfull of those figures considering there both on standard injectors. 240 maybe but 260 without any additional fueling is unlikely.
Call me jealous or whatever you like. Im just a realist.

Would be interested to see these cars run on the same RR on the same day as mine, for a better comparison.

As for struggers getting more than 242, I very much doubt that too. Thats a very high figure for a TD2 as it is, especially when you consider it made less torque than some cars running stage 2 on standard turbo's.

Lets not open up this can of worms though and agree to disagree before it starts.

Reading all this is doing my head in.
Mine makes 210hp and 514nm which equalls 391lbft at 2592rpm
Standard injectors and new hybrid turbo.
Standard hoses with pipercross panel and stainless pipe with decat.
Got this on a print out but cannot understand how the power is so low but the torque so high?
Partially blocked intake? or Jabba's smokiest map ever!
Glynn

Last edited:

majesty78

Oct 6, 2008
Austria
You can easy calculate if you have the dyno plot:

torque x revvs / 7022

For example 370Nm torque at 4000 revs make 210hp

So you should see 190bhp on your dynoplot at the point of highest torque.

(514 x 2592 / 7022 )

But tbh you would be the first who has real 514Nm and 190hp @ 2600revs*g*, the stock injectors are physical not able to give the neccesary amount of fuel for this torque (You would need more than 92mg/Stroke injection quantity to do that, for stock 310Nm you need 55 mg/str @ 27,5 degreees duration, for 92mg/str you would need to inject over 46 degrees!!!, thats physical not possible because the camshaft which pumps your injector isnt making any pressure at this time anymore....)

Regards, Alex

slick

Bit of an animal
Mar 15, 2005
Essex

torque x revvs / 7022

(514 x 2592 / 7022 )

But tbh you would be the first who has real 514Nm and 190hp @ 2600revs*g*, the stock injectors are physical not able to give the neccesary amount of fuel for this torque (You would need more than 92mg/Stroke injection quantity to do that, for stock 310Nm you need 55 mg/str @ 27,5 degreees duration, for 92mg/str you would need to inject over 46 degrees!!!, thats physical not possible because the camshaft which pumps your injector isnt making any pressure at this time anymore....)

Regards, Alex

OK Alex, could you tell us what "excately" is possible according to the maths, that the standard injectors can give?
If you wouldnt mind showing us the sums too, as I'm intrested! :D

chispadete

slick, dont you have like 230bhp or something on standard injectors too?

slick

Bit of an animal
Mar 15, 2005
Essex
Nope, unfortunately not! Just remap, a aggresive one at that, killed my clutch in 2 months, so i started the task of removing every weak link in the chain for big power.. before running out of funds, after the clutch, coilovers, diff, struts, arbs, engine mounts, bushes, CAI, exhaust... etc, etc, along with power steering failure and maintence costs, I've had to put all remaining mods on hold till funds are there to complete the last piece... GT2260 with more body and brake mods..

P.S. Alex, could you tell us all what the ultimate number is?

Feb 1, 2007
Nottingham

torque x revvs / 7022

(514 x 2592 / 7022 )

Regards, Alex

Well on my graph 2600rpm does indeed make 190hp!
With regard to not being able to make 391lbft on stock injectors, then tell jabba as they claim to have mapped a golf with stock injectors to over 400lbft.
Ofcourse we all know you have to allow for the dyno lottery!
Glynn

john_tdi

mmm 385lbft
Feb 21, 2007
s wales
mine just made 208bhp with 385lbft torque. But thats with race injectors. oh and one didnt work!! doh. :)
so really just on 3 injectors!! not bad.

majesty78

Oct 6, 2008
Austria
OK Alex, could you tell us what "excately" is possible according to the maths, that the standard injectors can give?
If you wouldnt mind showing us the sums too, as I'm intrested! :D

This is depending on how high you want to rev your PD engine, how far you want to advance SOI (Start of Injetion) [the more, the higher gets cylinder peak pressure and forces on your headgasket]
But in common you can say that you can make safe and durable 195-200bhp with stock ARL/ASZ/BPX injectors and modified turbo.

Regards

Alex

john_tdi

mmm 385lbft
Feb 21, 2007
s wales
Sorry, but how dumb must someone be, to put a car with broken injector on a dyno?

didnt know it was faulty till it was put on the dyno to be mapped!

your parents didnt teach you to think before opening your mouth?

my comment was ment to be a light hearted joke.

Last edited:

john_tdi

mmm 385lbft
Feb 21, 2007
s wales
the same sort of dumb to fit race injectors and expect them to work without any mapping? :lol:

race injectors will work before they are mapped for a temp amount of time. obviously its not perfect but what is in tuning!

no need to be rude!

someone else with no manners.

i love people who slate people over the net, doupt you'd have the balls to do it to my face,

:whistle:

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.